Update on Benton Harbor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Originally posted by: ZaneNBK
Very nice photo. :)

It's jerks like you that make me want to waste hundreds of dollars and bigger and better cameras. I must resist my DSLR tempations!!

Why are you calling him a jerk? What is DSLR? Dumb,Stupid,Loser Rhetoric?

If that wasnt a joke, the abbreviation means Digital Single Lens Reflex (camera). Pro-level, basically.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Originally posted by: ZaneNBK
Very nice photo. :)

It's jerks like you that make me want to waste hundreds of dollars and bigger and better cameras. I must resist my DSLR tempations!!

Why are you calling him a jerk? What is DSLR? Dumb,Stupid,Loser Rhetoric?

If that wasnt a joke, the abbreviation means Digital Single Lens Reflex (camera). Pro-level, basically.

What Lucky said. Correct me if I'm wrong Lucky (I'm just an enthusiast, not even a hobbyist :p) but the benefit is that the viewfinder uses the actual lens view instead of a seperate view. So when you're framing a shot it's much easier to focus on your target and see what the actual picture you're taking will be like. So far the biggest annoyance I've had with non-SLR cameras is that you have no real idea what the picture looks like until after you've taken it.

DSLR cameras also have other nice features like much much faster auto-focus, less shutter-lag, etc... They also cost as much as a decent computer. I already have several annoyingly expensive obessions (such as home theater, computers and car/portable audio), I don't need another. :)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
it's not their fault they are so violent, they are just too close to Canada, that's why I moved from Cleveland, Ohio......