*UPDATE* Obama's new vision for NASA - "help Muslim nations feel good" (really)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I think it's good to want to bring Muslim people into the scientific fold and I see benefits on both sides. But it's silly to make it a NASA priority.
What's really silly is to make a public proclamation that sounds like it was intended for a fourth grade audience. Really, really demeaning.

"help Muslim nations feel good".

/ facepalm

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What's really silly is to make a public proclamation that sounds like it was intended for a fourth grade audience. Really, really demeaning.

"help Muslim nations feel good".

/ facepalm

"Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" has proven that you need to speak to a fourth grade audience.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I can't see what the problem is. Fake outrage
This isn't surprising. You saw no problem when the IRS started performing surgery for overloaded hospitals and the department of energy was given operational control in the battle of tora bora, either.

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
This isn't surprising. You saw no problem when the IRS started performing surgery for overloaded hospitals and the department of energy was given operational control in the battle of tora bora, either.

Is this like that time your claimed Obama's vision for Nasa was to help muslim nations feel good?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

Honestly I have no idea what you just said.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
*UPDATE 7/12/2010*

Whitehouse corrects statements by NASA's head:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/12/white-house-muslim-outreach-task-nasa/

The rest of you thread-haters stfu, you just got owned by the White House (and me).

Perhaps you should consider why the White House is "correcting" the statement instead of the guy who made it. Additionally, how they didn't seem to have a problem with the statement that was made at the time it was made -- just after they got lambasted for it last week.

Further, a nice little set up for deniability in the event Bolden doesn't go with their cover-up and if it's ever discovered Obama had already talked to Bolden (as if the White House Press Secretary wouldn't have this information):
Asked whether Bolden misspoke, Gibbs said: "I think so."

He said he wasn't aware of Obama speaking to Bolden about his comments.

And yea... the White House really owned everyone... kind of like they "owned" Senator Kyl?

P.S. The news can't even confirm whether or not they're denying it because everything they've said has been a load:
But Gibbs on Monday appeared to deny that Bolden was asked to focus on Muslim outreach at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
Seems to me that the white house retracted the "vision" after the whole idea backfired.

Just another one of obama's doings. Hasnt been the first nor the last time obama's admin will fuck up and then say "oh not true" when it backfires

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Seems to me that the white house retracted the "vision" after the whole idea backfired.

Just another one of obama's doings. Hasnt been the first nor the last time obama's admin will fuck up and then say "oh not true" when it backfires

But they didn't do that this time... they just wanted to give everyone the impression they did so they can deny denying it if Bolden pulls a Senator Kyl on them and decides not to take the fall for their BS.

Last edited by a moderator: