Update: House Bill Might Ban MySpace, Friendster

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
This is completely ridiculous. Lord knows why we still have schools: congregating all the children into one central place for all the child molestors to find them? Oh noes! Quick, give them to the mongolians!

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
If these morons keep it up, I'm packing my bags for good and moving out of china.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Well if the government moves at its usual nominal pace, this should become effective right around March of 2034.

Assuming the house and senate can get the differences in their respective versions hammered out in a committee or 3.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Good to see our government taking care of the important things in this world. :roll: Oh, one more thing, STOP TRYING TO REGULATE THE INTERNET.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
lol wtf, good thing I can own assault rifles, even some republicans deserve a taste of their own medicine.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!

When will people understand that in the "cyber world" just like the real world, you must use street smarts to survive.
If you can't hack that, then move over and let the people who can, move on.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sounds like nothing more than a politician just trying to get some publicity after the Dateline episodes.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
This legislation is moronic. Even if it does pass there is no way in hell they are going to be able to enforce it.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: SampSon
OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

When will people understand that in the "cyber world" just like the real world, you must use street smarts to survive.

Since when have the senate and congress used "street smarts?"

Since when have they used even what is deemed to be "common sense?" :p

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: SampSon
OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

Since when have the senate and congress used "street smarts?"

Since when have they used even what is deemed to be "common sense?" :p
I dunno, I think with my penis.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
LOL another craptastic wannabe replacement for good parenting. I'm all for the sterilization of people that think it's ok to let their kids do whatever they please, including meeting people on the Internet.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Dissipate
This legislation is moronic. Even if it does pass there is no way in hell they are going to be able to enforce it.

Internet Censoring Routing is already in place, just a couple of clicks and done.

Well it's a bit more complicated than that, but Cisco does already have the necessary technology developed. They can also charge individuals per byte downloaded on the net, should that ever become legal.