Question Update fails

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
Had an older machine with dead boot drive, stuck in a fresh ssd, used the old 7 key on the case to install 10 22H2 (which had already been done previous to drive failure). All worked well until the updates started. Several had no issues, but the last two, KB5012170 and KB5034763, will not install. The first of these two is apparently not necessary in the home user world, but the second is the most current mandatory security update just recently dropped. It When I first let it try to install, it did it's thing, then after the reboot it would hold you while it updated the system, get all the way to 99%, and then bsod and restart. It would loop like this indefinitely. I would need to pull the drive, clear the partition, reinstall windows again. After 2 times of this, before even connecting to the internet I set a restore point (slow learner). Then I started researching, learned I didn't need the 2170 update, and tried a direct install of the 4763 from the Update Catalog. This too hangs and eventually times out. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might go from here? Thanks zz03