UPDATE: DX11 AND hi-res texture pack Crysis 2 available NOW!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
hardOCP is just butthurt because Crytek [REDACTED]

You are in the tech forums, not in Off-Topic. Such "colorful" or "imaginative" language is not needed here.

Moderator jvroig

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Had the chance to try out a new benchmark tool available here:
http://benchzone.adrenaline.com.br/tecnologia/downloads/229/adrenaline-crysis-2-benchmark-tool.html

Specs again are:
Intel Core i7 980X @ 4200MHz
Asus P6X58D Premium @ 21 x 200MHz
12GB Corsair XMS3 @ 2000 DDR
Three GTX 580 in Tri-SLI @ 850/2200
120GB Vertex 3 SSD
Two 3TB Deskstar 7K3000 in RAID-0 - 6TB
1TB SpinPoint F1
Samsung 22X SH-S223L DVD-RW
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card
Antec Twelve Hundred case
Thermalright Silver Arrow
Corsair AX1200 power supply

This first shot was with everything maxed and with MSI Afterburner running. The minimum FPS seemed a bit misleading. It seems to take into account the minimum FPS between each run. The actual minimum of the entire benchmark set is marked on the graph.

Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-Graph.png

This shot shows 3-way SLI (top 3) enabled and SLI disabled (bottom 3).
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-Off.png

The next series of shots shows the difference between 2 core, 4 core, and 6 core. The cores were disabled through BIOS. Note: The L3 cache is shared, so the enabled cores still have access to all 12MB.

Dual:
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-2C.jpg

Quad:
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-4C.jpg

Hex:
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-6C.jpg

Here's one where I downclocked the memory to 1200MHz to see how much memory speed matters. Timings and all other clock speeds remained the same.
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-1200mem.png

DirectX 9 results:
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-DX9.png

2560x1440 resolution:
Crysis2_07-06-11_SLI-3X-2560x1440.png

Last edited:

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
so far, only my CPU's oc'd to 3.8GHz... everything else is factory... oh wait memory is slightly OC'd... gonna run the benchmark tonight! does Crysis 2 have built in benchmarks? how do you get access to them?

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Just got this after DX11 update. I installed it, installed patch, installed DX11 and textures then ran it. No problems at all.

Game looks pretty and runs ok (fps in the 40's for my slightly o/c GTX 570 at 1920p and ultra settings). Environment feels more static however - you could shoot up the crysis undergrowth quite well and all the little shacks fell apart realistically. In crysis 2 most of the buildings can't be damaged, the windows are bullet proof, etc.

Game wise it plays very like crysis in new york. If you liked crysis then you'll like this - if anything environments are more interesting because all the buildings give more Z-axis game play. Not even convinced crysis was even much more open - it was still involved going from point a->point b to do something. Perhaps the rails were hidden better beneath the sandy desert island beaches and palm trees but they were still there.

You got to be ****** me?
A shooter on rails, heavy consolized...and you think it compares to the sandbox of Crysis?

Some arguments just makes your head hurts...

You know better than to post like this. You have been warned and infracted several times already about being insulting to other members.

Additionally, we also don't allow profanity in the tech forums. Consider this your formal warning regarding profanity.

Please familiarize yourself with the AnandTech Forum Guidelines:

We want to give all our members as much freedom as possible while maintaining an environment that encourages productive discussion. It is our desire to encourage our members to share their knowledge and experiences in order to benefit the rest of the community, while also providing a place for people to come and just hang out.

We also intend to encourage respect and responsibility among members in order to maintain order and civility. Our social forums will have a relaxed atmosphere, but other forums will be expected to remain on-topic and posts should be helpful, relevant and professional.

We ask for respect and common decency towards your fellow forum members.
I am posting this part of the rule here for everybody's reference. I am tired of people skirting around this rule, in this thread and in other threads. I will not be as generous next time.

Moderator jvroig

Last edited by a moderator:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I was waiting for the DX11 upgrade to really play this game. It certainly is less open than the first Crysis, but it is still an excellent game and the best single player FPS I have played this year.

I still feel my modded Crysis 1 looks better than DX11 Crysis 2 but C2 now has some graphically impressive moments. Took some screens will post a few later.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
I was waiting for the DX11 upgrade to really play this game. It certainly is less open than the first Crysis, but it is still an excellent game and the best single player FPS I have played this year.

I still feel my modded Crysis 1 looks better than DX11 Crysis 2 but C2 now has some graphically impressive moments. Took some screens will post a few later.
Patience paid off for me too. As soon as the patch was available and i had time, i D/Led Crysis 2 on Friday, and finished it on Saturday/Sunday. It's short (thankfully, in some ways).

Have you got to the "jungle" yet? It appears you can take the devs off the Island and they still have to bring their vegetation .. and aliens .. with them to the City. :p

i actually liked playing Crysis 2 much better than Crysis 1. The only thing was that i had some strange issues with 3D Vision that i am investigating. And i like the game much better with everything on Ultra - except motion blur (low)
:thumbsup:

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Crysis 2 is such a insult to the original which i loved so much.

Graphics looked extreme gameplay was intense.

What a waste of $60 when i bought it god awful game this patch wont save a shitty game if i remember right bf2 has a bigger player base according to steam and thats a 6 year old game .

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Patience paid off for me too. As soon as the patch was available and i had time, i D/Led Crysis 2 on Friday, and finished it on Saturday/Sunday. It's short (thankfully, in some ways).

Have you got to the "jungle" yet? It appears you can take the devs off the Island and they still have to bring their vegetation .. and aliens .. with them to the City. :p

i actually liked playing Crysis 2 much better than Crysis 1. The only thing was that i had some strange issues with 3D Vision that i am investigating. And i like the game much better with everything on Ultra - except motion blur (low)
:thumbsup:

That is exactly how I play, with everything ultra and motion blur on low. Anything higher and it is too much overdone. I think I am in the jungle area now, not sure ? I am playing through some heavily vegetated areas in the city in a sort of cleft cut through the ground.

Here is one shot I thought looked great. Note it's a big image!

jaguare

Jul 5, 2011
It's a negative for PC gamers, yes.

But they [HardOCP] got what they wanted in the end, and they are still complaining. PC gamers expect to be treated like kings when they bring in the least revenue. It just doesn't work that way. At least Crytek made the effort to release a patch that would not help their bottom line much.

I haven't played Crysis 2, but I really like Crysis 1. All I gotta say

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009

But they [HardOCP] got what they wanted in the end, and they are still complaining. PC gamers expect to be treated like kings when they bring in the least revenue. It just doesn't work that way. At least Crytek made the effort to release a patch that would not help their bottom line much.

Trust me, they didn't make the patch out of the kindness of their hearts. They were compensated to do it.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

No. They needed to patch the game because if they HAD made it for PC originally...no patch would have been needed.

The patch was needed because they wanted to go for consoles. They in doing so alienated PCs, and to save face and not make all PC gamers quit totally...decided to patch it.

The bar is higher for PC games. Graphics wise, controls wise.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
i'm ~ 51 fps max... this is on ultra, 0xaa everything on, 1680x1050 res.

Specs: i7 930 @ 3.8, GTX 480, 12GB (3x4GB), 160G2, X-Fi Ti.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I just downloaded and ran the Crysis 2 benchmark from Adrenaline.

Results:

Crysis2_Benchmark.jpg

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
damn... my system is outdated already :(

I can't hit 60 fps avg on Crysis 2 with DX11! I think central park I get 44