Update (9) US Troops Dead as Black Hawk Crashes Near Fallujah

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Seems like those Blackhawks are sitting Ducks

I hope it wasn't the guys I worked with over here when I set their Computers up. We just sent a whole squadron over there from Marietta just outside Atlanta here :(

Wouldn't want it to be anyone's squadron. I thought we owned the skies and the Country there? They shouldn't be sitting ducks. :|

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999

When I was in an aviation unit in Savannah Georgia, the pilots there had a slogan... Fly in a Crashhawk, Die in a Crashhawk

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: mastertech01

When I was in an aviation unit in Savannah Georgia, the pilots there had a slogan... Fly in a Crashhawk, Die in a Crashhawk

Was this crash mechanical failure?

Normally as long as the main is intact it is pretty easy to auto-rotate these birds down, they are very well balanced.

We just had one go down into a softball field when some of the Falcons were flown over to the base to wish the squadron well as they left for Iraq. They took another bird over, repaired the down bird in the field on the spot and it was back in service. This wasn't even a month ago.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

With the shear number of helicopter flights in Iraq every day and the availability of weapons ranging from RPG's (modified) to MANPADS the odds are that helicopters will be shot down on a fairly regular basis. It is inevitable.