Update 7/11, Now with PICS: So, my life has now been threatened twice by my crazy neighbor...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07
can't you say something to management?

last I heard was that they can't move him because this is the only dorm open on campus until school starts and it's "at capacity"

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
You won't do sh!t about it.
ahah! So why'd you get stuck in a dorm as a 45-year old? Inquiring minds...

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it right. Give the man some courtesy and turn the fvcking music down.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: acemcmac

last I heard was that they can't move him because this is the only dorm open on campus until school starts and it's "at capacity"

Keep on rocking the music.
Matrix Lobby Scene.
T2 and T3.
Existenz.

Those are all great candidates :p
I also love the THX intro...

I know the hoes downstairs complained for no reason at all.
The two next door neighbors even said they couldn't hear anything. (RA lived next door)
So they went out of their way to complain.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: isekii

Keep on rocking the music.
Matrix Lobby Scene.
T2 and T3.
Existenz.

Those are all great candidates :p
I also love the THX intro...

I know the hoes downstairs complained for no reason at all.
The two next door neighbors even said they couldn't hear anything. (RA lived next door)
So they went out of their way to complain.

two of my favorite bass tracks right now are "Petey Pablo-Freak-A-Leek" and "Joe Buddens feat Busta Rhymes - Fire" I know they're not intelecually intimidating, but my girl down at the front desk called me once that I was disturbing her concentration.... that's 3 floors down and about 300 feet over... all concrete :D

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Just plant a bag of crack in his room and tell the cops he threatened you with a gun. They'll search his room, find the crank, he goes to jail problem solved.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Just plant a bag of crack in his room and tell the cops he threatened you with a gun. They'll search his room, find the crank, he goes to jail problem solved.

thats a good idea, except

1) as much as I hate the cops, I hate lying to them more
2) coke is more money than I want to devote to the situation and I dont know where to get crack

edit: spelling

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Hey, I played loud music all the time in my dorm room. Suffered through that for 3 years...

Anyway, I used to be on the judicial board for all of the dormitories and this is how we were forced to look at issues like this : 'You are at an institution of learning. Regardless of what time it is, you will be considerate of your neighbor's ability to study'. Or something along those lines.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: PingSpike

thats a good idea, except

1) as much as I hate the cops, I hate lying to them more
2) coke is more money than I want to devote to the situation and I dont know where to get crack

edit: spelling

I dunno. I don't do any drugs so don't know the costs or laws surrounding them. I'm sure if you substitute a bag of weed it would work as well.

If you don't want to lie to them, then don't. Say he's got a big bag of weed in there. (You're not lying if you just OMIT the fact you put it there.)

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
two of my favorite bass tracks right now are "Petey Pablo-Freak-A-Leek" and "Joe Buddens feat Busta Rhymes - Fire" I know they're not intelecually intimidating, but my girl down at the front desk called me once that I was disturbing her concentration.... that's 3 floors down and about 300 feet over... all concrete :D

Ok. I don't know what to do about your crazy neighbor. But if someone 3 FLOORS DOWN cannot concentrate because of your music... don't you think their might be a problem?

virtueixi

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2003
Dorms are not the best place to live if you value any form of rest. My suite mates would always talk right outside my door, so I started playing my music at 7 am full blast. I think they got the idea that I have to wake up in the morning.:evil:

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: skace

Ok. I don't know what to do about your crazy neighbor. But if someone 3 FLOORS DOWN cannot concentrate because of your music... don't you think their might be a problem?

It was during presession... there were 8 people living in tis 9 story building, no classes were in session and it was late on a saturday afternoon. Fair game :beer:

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
If you were to plant the right thoughts into some lunk-headed football players minds he would probably get a proper beating.

LordThing

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
You both are in the wrong. If the rules state that you are allowed to have noise within a resonable level from the hours of 10-10, then abide by it. I don't care if Lil Johnny 3 doors down has a bigger system and plays his just as loud, this guy has a problem with you and you need to work it out like and ADULT. Just try that defense with a cop when he pulls you over for speeding. "But Officer, I am not going as fast as the red car was."

As for you guys making fun of him beinf 45 and in college. Most likely he came from another country, just now got enough money to come here and is working towards his doctorate or masters. It happens often.

Still, the threats are extreme. I would report him for harrassment to the RA or the RD. Maybe even take it up with the U Police. Keep your music down. Just because you have bass doesn't mean you have a right to use it.

/Former RA

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: LordThing
You both are in the wrong. If the rules state that you are allowed to have noise within a resonable level from the hours of 10-10, then abide by it. I don't care if Lil Johnny 3 doors down has a bigger system and plays his just as loud, this guy has a problem with you and you need to work it out like and ADULT. Just try that defense with a cop when he pulls you over for speeding. "But Officer, I am not going as fast as the red car was."

As for you guys making fun of him beinf 45 and in college. Most likely he came from another country, just now got enough money to come here and is working towards his doctorate or masters. It happens often.

Still, the threats are extreme. I would report him for harrassment to the RA or the RD. Maybe even take it up with the U Police. Keep your music down. Just because you have bass doesn't mean you have a right to use it.

/Former RA

wow, way to read... even the OP champ! The fuzz has been involved from day 1 of this sh!t. I also have made it a point to keep my noise under control, especially to placate this @sshole... I haven't even warmed up the system since presession (BEFORE HE MOVED IN... thats when I got the comment from the front desk :)). It also helps to not make mindless presumptions. He's started fights with most of the RA's and DA's already. Our RA hates his guts and refuses to take his complaints. He has no accent that I can remember and I have been told by the officials that he is an undergrad.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Next time he threatens to kill you, call the police and press charges.