Unlikely Injuries

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
So, to preface the story, I have a rather small kitchen. Not only is it small, it's cramped. This usually isn't a big deal, just because I'm in there cooking for like 20 minutes, then I'm out.

I decided to make cookies today. Even though there were numerous signs that the recipe, as I'd written it down, would make a ridiculous amount of dough, I went through with it anyway. I'm talking four eggs, three cups of flour, enough that I'd easily be rolling dough and baking for 2 hours. My oven's also iffy enough that I'd have to check every batch partway through to make sure that they haven't burned, for some crazy reason. So, I'm baking and checking, and, as a result, the kitchen has gotten really, really hot. Maybe it's some sort of leak on the oven door, but it's brutal in there. After about an hour of this, I totally and completely abandon what I've learned about working in the kitchen, and, more importantly, my common sense, and take off my shirt, which has gotten pretty gross by now. I open the oven to take out the tray, and my oven mitt, which I'd been using all morning, is now unpleasantly hot. Through some horrible reflex, my first reaction is to pull the oven-fresh cookie sheet toward my torso, resulting in a wonderful burn.

SO, sitting in a room across the hall, upon hearing about it: "You, shirtless, baking cookies. Yeah, that's out of playgirl, and incredibly stupid."

Burn

Cookies

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by: KLin
Were you baking turds?

Yeah, man. It's what I do, I just take turds and then bake them, then eat a few while sharing the rest with the neighborhood children. They sing "The turd man's a'comin" as I stroll down the street with my basket of baked turds, handing them out to every girl and boy.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Buy an ove glove. There awsome and work well. When i heat tortilias on the gas stove my fingers touch the flame and you dont fell it.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: CarlKillerMiller
Were you baking turds?

Yeah, man. It's what I do, I just take turds and then bake them, then eat a few while sharing the rest with the neighborhood children. They sing "The turd man's a'comin" as I stroll down the street with my basket of baked turds, handing them out to every girl and boy.

The turd man's a comin'? BAHHAHAHAHHA :thumbsup::laugh:

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Were you baking turds?

For some reason, I just could not stop laughing over this. :thumbsup:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
i know someone who caught herpes from a lap dance. cooch rubbed against his stomach and he got a rash. he went to the doctor and they said he got the herp :(

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: neutralizer
Were you baking turds?

You and me both. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :D

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: neutralizer
Were you baking turds?

You and me both. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :D

WOW lol

Jun 27, 2005
That's just horrible... not only did you burn yourself in a very stupid and painful way, you don't even have any cookies to show for it.

:p

The worst part will come years from now... Some random chick will ask how you got that scar. You could lie... but knowing ATOTers, you'll confess to the tragic cookie baking accident. :laugh:

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Were you baking turds?

LMAO

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
i know someone who caught herpes from a lap dance. cooch rubbed against his stomach and he got a rash. he went to the doctor and they said he got the herp :(

:laugh: :confused:

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Were you baking turds?

Damn, almost ruined my laptop with my coffee laughing at that one. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I did the same thing 2 weeks ago to my arm while making pizza, nothing better than a big seeping blister right in your elbow-pit. Same situation, small cramped kitchen.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Were you baking turds?

haha owned

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..I like to steam/fry salmon and when it goes from the steamer to the fry pan I wear safety glasses so the olive oil doesn't get me. Mabe you need a blacksmith apron??