Unhealthy sequela for 9/11 FDNY families

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Da Post
At least a dozen of New York's Bravest - some of them assigned to look after Sept. 11 widows - have left their wives for the spouses of their comrades killed in the terror attacks, sources told The Post.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
That's pretty messed up.

I am sure it had nothing to do with the millions that were handed out by the fed.

Did the firefighters get that Fed. money? I thought it was only for the civilians that died in the Twins.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I think they do. I was watching a 60 minutes segment on the man who is judge and jury of the dispursement of funds and in the meetings cataloged in the interview it included several FF widows, even wearing thier husbands FF jackets I'm sure as an emotional appeal of sorts which he did'nt buy into. Bascially he used a very quanitative formula to decide and they wer'nt happy with the amount recived so they were in his office and meeting rooms bitching up a storm.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Damn that very Cromagnon looking Gerry was lucky to get Mary..she's a hottie. But I guess now gets the bling instead.

Sickening whole situation, from the family side breakup to the coveting dead brothers wife aspect IMO.

""My life is private - it's not anybody else's business. " Bullsh1t Gerry.. Moral issues and integrity issues are an issue for any peace officer on or off duty depending on the community standards.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Truly America's finest.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Zebo
I think they do. I was watching a 60 minutes segment on the man who is judge and jury of the dispursement of funds and in the meetings cataloged in the interview it included several FF widows, even wearing thier husbands FF jackets I'm sure as an emotional appeal of sorts which he did'nt buy into. Bascially he used a very quanitative formula to decide and they wer'nt happy with the amount recived so they were in his office and meeting rooms bitching up a storm.

Gah I hate that they got anything.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
a depressing story at the very least. did they not consider how their now ex-wives would feel

and what about the children they left behind?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Truly America's finest.

Last time I checked, the FDNY was made up of human beings. I'm sure you gave at the office...

PS Mary sounds like a vindictive little snot. No wonder he ditched her when he found the greener grass ;) I like his answer better.

She said:
"Not only have these men dishonored their own families, they've dishonored the memories of men who are heroes, who were their brothers," Mary Koenig said. "It's the department's dirty little secret."

"The department saw this happening - knew from mental-health experts that it could happen - and did nothing to intervene," Mary Koenig said.

He said:

Gerry Koenig declined to comment to The Post, saying only, "My life is private - it's not anybody else's business. I didn't leave my family. I left my wife."

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Well she a woman scorn what do you expect? IMO not a way to treat a lady..but I'm a putz who gets ran over by whatever she wants:p

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Well she a woman scorn what do you expect? IMO not a way to treat a lady..but I'm a putz who gets ran over by whatever she wants:p
You are assuming she is a lady ;) All I see is a woman who ran to the Captain when her husband began to "distance" himself, and now is running to the media. I bet he has his own stories to tell about how SHE has changed since they got married (I've got some stories of my own)...

Of course, I talk a big game, my wife doesn't read this board ;)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I can understand 1 , maybe even 2, but 12! At least! Yep, I think charrison's right. $$$$

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
You are assuming she is a lady ;) All I see is a woman who ran to the Captain when her husband began to "distance" himself, and now is running to the media. I bet he has his own stories to tell about how SHE has changed since they got married (I've got some stories of my own)...

Of course, I talk a big game, my wife doesn't read this board ;)

All women are ladies if you treat them as such;) and his boarderline incestuous relationship the department put him in with thier grief program they have I think he prayed on a emotionally vunerable woman after her husbands death which has been known to happen plenty. Coupled with this is the 3-4 million the new mark now has along with leaving his obligations as a husband would make anyone upset. Guys normally shoot people for stuff like this..all she's doing is talking about it. At least I hope she's taken care and the children finacially from this dirt bag.

And if anyone looks like they "changed" it's him. The man looks to be 300lbs of blubber I don't even see how he can pass a PT test. NYFD must have super low standards. Hope I don't get caught in a building with him on the scene..May have to carry him out.

Oct 16, 1999
All women are ladies if you treat them as such

Are all men gentlemen if you treat them as such? I can't stand this double standard. If you truely believe that then you need to meet more women. Obviously it takes two to tango, I don't understand why the men are getting all the flack for this.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I thought that we weren't supposed to care about what consenting adults did with their lives...

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Obviously it takes two to tango,

Never argue with a lady and you're set. Double standards are part of society get used to it, or not. I only need one woman why more?

Oct 16, 1999
Obviously it takes two to tango,

Never argue with a lady and you're set. Double standards are part of society get used to it, or not. I only need one woman why more?

Maybe these widows said 'leave your wife for me' and these guys held to your advice. Double standards are a part of society because of people like you that propogate them. It sounds like your one woman is either so wonderful that you are erroneously assuming all women are just as wonderful, or quite horrible and you've deluded yourself into thinking somehow it's always a man's fault they are that way. If it's the former then congrats, if the latter then good luck.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: daniel1113
I thought that we weren't supposed to care about what consenting adults did with their lives...

Did you consciously replace 'in their own bedrooms' with 'with their lives' Dan?