Underwear store displays and scantily-clad mannequins = sin

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66R41W20100728

....told stores selling women's underwear to remove scantily-clad mannequins and any posters of racy undergarments.

"These measures have stemmed from complaints and pressure by ordinary people. They have to do with upholding our traditions"

Not sure how many molded plastic women, that usually lack a head and arms, have turned me on while shopping. Now, the posters on the other hand...

Regardless, if you are easily offended by displays associated with these items, maybe one should not visit lingerie shops?

Anyway, not my place to force my opinion on others, if they want to remove such things from their cities / towns, then more power to them.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Women in most societies have had the power of sex to achieve their goals.

I'm sure these people are scared to death that sexy skivvies would give women some of that power.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Maybe they mean stop things like a Victoria's Secret storefront in the US, but allow the things inside - I'm not really sure from the article.

6ed6dw.jpg

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
yet you let your 12 year old daughters march around looking like Saigon hookers on uncles day.

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66R41W20100728

Not sure how many molded plastic women, that usually lack a head and arms, have turned me on while shopping. Now, the posters on the other hand...

Regardless, if you are easily offended by displays associated with these items, maybe one should not visit lingerie shops?

Anyway, not my place to force my opinion on others, if they want to remove such things from their cities / towns, then more power to them.

I can say I've copped a feel off a mannequin boob when I was a kid.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Tell me something based off of the Topic title. Were is it written that nudity is a sin . and who said it was . Ten commandments not there. The Christ . never said it was a sin . So who said it was a sin .

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
Tell me something based off of the Topic title. Were is it written that nudity is a sin . and who said it was . Ten commandments not there. The Christ . never said it was a sin . So who said it was a sin .

People who caught a glimpse of fat chicks doing jumping jacks?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
For you spiritual descendants of Abraham, it was your God, by way of the Tree of Knowledge:
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldst not eat?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
As the master taught me . I will pass it on . What was the sin in the garden. Adam rejecting Lilith as an equal, or was it eve mating with the fallen angle.
I was taught by the master that the sin in the garden was not eating fruit from the tree of life. Nor was it sex with a fallen angle Eves first time . Eves second time was with Adam shortly after the first time with fallen angle. The result of those two unions was twin sons one was the fallen angles son the other Adams . One son killed the other later on . But after Adams first time he new shame and that shame was not excepting Lilith as an equal he therefore covered his shame as it was the reason Lilith did call upon Gods holy name and was taken up to heaven . The fruit from the tree was not sex it was the relization that who was on top didn't matter at all but rejecting Lilith as equal was the sin . That lead to what we have become. The master could explain it much better . But this is close to what he would write.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

The Ten Commandments never said that sex out of wedlock was a sin, either. But you Christers seem to be pretty convinced that sex before marriage is a big no-no.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
It's interesting how Europe and the Middle East are converging. Spain bans skinny mannequins. Hamas bans scantily-clad mannequins. France bans veils. Syria follows suit. It's fascinating.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The Ten Commandments never said that sex out of wedlock was a sin, either. But you Christers seem to be pretty convinced that sex before marriage is a big no-no.

[taps sarcasm meter]
The commandments never said anything about that? Last time I checked the 8th commandment was "You shall not commit adultery". Adultery is clearly defined all over the Bible as relations outside of wedlock.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
:) I love news organizations. "Some group finds these images offensive!" and so what do they do? Post a set of pictures of course!

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
[taps sarcasm meter]
The commandments never said anything about that? Last time I checked the 8th commandment was "You shall not commit adultery". Adultery is clearly defined all over the Bible as relations outside of wedlock.

Not to mention he said "christians". Christians believe in more then just the 10 commandments. And trust me, there are large sections of the bible condemning sex before marriage. Both old and new testament.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
[taps sarcasm meter]

it is?

gee i was under the impression adultery was defined as sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
The OP title is a bit misleading. The drive for this is in Hamas. Not in the US or another semi rational country.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
it is?

gee i was under the impression adultery was defined as sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.

His point: Sex before marriage isn't bad according to the bible because fornication isn't in one of the ten commandments.

My point: The bible has a lot more text then just the 10 commandments.

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/tg/f/141
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/tg/c/63
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/tg/l/147

Each link above contains several of the references to fornication in the bible. Look them up at your own leisure.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So how is this different from those goofy women who want to spell things out with their naked bodies for a photo Opp?

Maybe you missed the part about Adultery and Chastity in the Bible?

The term married has very loose interpretation in bibblical texts. Often there was no fancy ceremony or anything like that and often a Man had multiple wives. Also not every culture believes that heredity flows from the man but from the woman. Often if you got permission to mary from the girls father that was enough to be considered married.

It is really governments that start defining marriage. Usually this is about Money and responsibility. So most laws about marriage are all about money.