Undercover Census Fraud Investigation - New Jersey

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
thats stupid. from what i see he is bitching about a "training" period where he is shown how to fill out the hours. they put down a set of hours (full day's pay) and got out early.

nowhere did they say LIE EVERY DAY.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
thats stupid. from what i see he is bitching about a "training" period where he is shown how to fill out the hours. they put down a set of hours (full day's pay) and got out early.

nowhere did they say LIE EVERY DAY.

Government inefficiency at its finest.

reminiscint of several training programs at private/public jobs I've been through before.

and it is keefe, and therefore not serious video

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
If people on this forum were adults they would fully realize this is standard practice in business and industry. If there is a scheduled training session that should take the full day then the employee will mark that as working for a full day. If the trainer is efficient and the trainees learn quickly and the scheduled full day training session gets out 30 minutes early the employer is not going to dock the employee's pay.

I can't see anyone who has actually held a job that involves continuing education having a problem with what transpired in that video.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Where's the RAGE about corporate training seminars at ski resorts and golf courses.

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
Same guy from the Acorn videos and who got busted for breaking into Mary Landrieu's office.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Where's the RAGE about corporate training seminars at ski resorts and golf courses.

There is no rage because no one forces you to fund the corporations. Taxpayer money is being wasted here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
James O'Keefe credibility=0

Now if Hannah Giles wants to do more undercover work, I'll pay attention

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Government inefficiency at its finest.

If people would fill out their form and mail it in ontime personal enumerators wouldn't be necessary. You're bitching in the wrong direction.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
My wife is a census worker. They have to submit a form for each day or week. They are permitted to include preparation time, and travel time/miles. I could see where this could lead to a bit of fraud. However, they are also suppose to meet with a supervisor at least once a week where they check up on their progress. They get a book and the forms they need for the addresses in the book. They complete that book and then they have to turn in the forms and they are checked for accuracy (to a supervisor) and you have to redo the forms with errors and return back to addresses where there was no one there, or the dimwits just refuse to come to the door. Then also if you cant reach the people you can contact the landlord or talk to the neighbors to verify info. There are a lot of people who are just missing becuase of empty houses. Then there are the old people who were on vacation in florida during the winter, then some people just purposely dont fill out the form for whatever reason, or just refuse to answer questions.

I have an adverse interest in watching video, and a lousy internet connection at work.