Uncontrollable ME.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
That destruction of equipment alone is enough to justify a bail-out of the American Auto Manufacturers.

You going to depend on China or Japan to make your vehicles in a war situation?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Damn. What's our deductible?

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
In an interview earlier today, Pakistani military leaders expressed outrage that the militants burned all the supplies before they had a chance to steal them.

NoShangriLa

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2006

It is not a Tet Offensive, but was a bold move for them to gathered such an attack in the middle of a US/NATO control city.

And, to have 200 arms men slip in & out of the city after reducing the supply center to a junk yard suggests that the work is an insider orchestrated attack.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: NoShangriLa

It is not a Tet Offensive, but was a bold move for them to gathered such an attack in the middle of a US/NATO control city.

And, to have 200 arms men slip in & out of the city after reducing the supply center to a junk yard suggests that the work is an insider orchestrated attack.

^^this

Originally posted by: BoomerD
Sounds like we need to declare war on Pakistan too...

^^and this

whats the point of having an allies if they just piss down your back and tell you it's raining?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BassBomb
ME?

Ya, that place where all the Brown People who speak a foreign language and wear a lot of light coloured clothes from! You know, over there!! points in no particular direction

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski
ME?

Ya, that place where all the Brown People who speak a foreign language and wear a lot of light coloured clothes from! You know, over there!! points in no particular direction

Pakistan and Afghanistan are not in the Middle East.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
ME?

Pakistan and Afghanistan are not in the Middle East.

Ya I know. I was confused too.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Originally posted by: Wheezer

^^this

Originally posted by: BoomerD
Sounds like we need to declare war on Pakistan too...

^^and this

whats the point of having an allies if they just piss down your back and tell you it's raining?

Yeah real smart, lets start a war with a nuclear armed nation. That way Al-Qaeda will be guaranteed free nukes.

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
So Rice recently threatens action against Pakistan, then they find their supplies blown up by militants. That sure was smart.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: vhx
So Rice recently threatens action against Pakistan, then they find their supplies blown up by militants. That sure was smart.

I don't think the Bush admin has had "smart" used very often in describing their decisions.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The notion that Peshawar is a US/ NATO controlled city is quite erroneous. The Pakistani govt doesn't really control the place, either.

And, Uhh, I doubt that the attackers went anywhere, other than back to their homes. Peshawar has a native population of ~2.2M and an immigrant Afghan population of ~.4M. These guys just faded into the woodwork after the attack.

http://ais-portal.com/AIS-page.php?DistId=20&DeptId=1&LanId=1&pageName=Peshawar's+Profile

It is, of course, a classic guerrilla strategy to attack poorly defended rear area supply depots, forcing their adversary to reduce field troop strength to defend supply lines...

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
About 2 years ago John Major questioned why and WHAT England was doing in Afghanistan. Surprising for a Tory, but clear-headed thinking, IMHO.

I fear that Obama has overcommitted to fighting terrorism in Afghanistan, making the same mistake at least 4 other nations have made in recent times. How can America hope to tame Afghanistan when it cannot tame Wall Street or Detroit?

What is missing is a clear set of achieveable goals, which is the point Major made. I don't think Obama has such goals...yet. But, from his comments on Meet The Press, he appears to be bogged down in the same rhetoric, and anti-terror campaign as the Bushies.

-Robert