Ultralight lappy with 1920x1080 or higher, replaceable HDD, upgradable RAM?

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by fuzzybabybunny, Nov 6, 2012.

1. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras

Thanks for the recommendations, but I really can't do 15" anymore. I have a 15" right now and it's extremely difficult to backpack with.

2. MiataPaul

MiataPaul Member

If you are doing video/photo work then I think the answer is not to worry too much as all laptop screens are pretty lame, and just get an external IPS monitor for photo/video work and get something that is small and light that will fit in the backpack. 1920x1080 is really not enough for photo work if you are using a DSLR. Go external and go big!

3. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras

Wait, so you want me to get a small and light laptop AND an external monitor and put it all in my backpack while traveling?

13-14" at 1920x1080 is fine for photo work. I'm looking for a highly mobile and light work machine.

4. stateofmind

stateofmind Senior member

maybe you should wait half a year - seriously
    or just keep in mind that you can buy now, sell later and buy another one.

5. marcplante

marcplante Senior member

When you get as specialized as video editing, it's tough.

Lenovo Y480 perhaps? they have dedicated graphics cards and the power you're looking for. I think they also have the 1080 screens you're looking for.

Otherwise, I'm happy with my Asus N56, it's gonne be too much of a porker at 5.9 lbs. though.