Ultimate hypocrisy: Baron Trump's school not reopening classas like normal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
While I do enjoy Porters grilling of witnesses, I don't know what her intent is with this tweet without seeing the source article. If the article itself shows private education companies receiving the loans and the graphic automatically becomes the image when linking then fine.
If she intended just to show the graphic thats a shitty habit to take up.
can't see past paywall

I agree, but based on Porter's history I will doubt she's going to start using scare tactics and not math/science. She can probably see the wsj article :/

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Is there a quote of Trump saying that in-person voting is dangerous, or that he is opposed to it?
“Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???” he (trump) wrote.

That in person voting is dangerous, and he sure as hell doesn't want anyone voting because he knows he is going down.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Gov Hogan says Nope, ahaha

Overruled, sorry

so if i'm reading the article correctly, the Montgomery County health officer issued a blanket ban on school openings, and Hogan is saying that goes against the state-level directive of "community by community". That doesn't seem inconsistent with the state level directive. Am I missing something?

The only way I could see it offhand being inconsistent with state directives is if the private schools were somehow held to a different standard than public schools.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
My thoughts exactly.

Unless he did this has nothing to do with the President. It is a private school and they can do as they wish.

How is this hypocrisy?

So he can send his kid to a school that's opened since it's so critical he be taught in person.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So I guess Trump and Betsy DeVoss will be defunding schools in Maryland now?

That would be great IMO. Private schools should be just that, Private.
Run with private money and get zero federal funds.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That would be great IMO. Private schools should be just that, Private.
Run with private money and get zero federal funds.
You missed the part where all schools in the county are closed until Oct. However rump DEMANDED all schools open fully and on time or he will cut their funding.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I'm not defending any of that. But to say Trump is responsible for the Private School not opening up completely is because his son goes there is silly.
Almost as silly as believing the President of the United States has no influence on the school where his kids go.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Pretty much this
However I want to note, since Betsy has improved public schools so much, Barron really should go to a public school.
POTUS kids never go to public school, it's a security issue. I guess private schools don't mind guys with machine guns hanging around.

Reactions: pcgeek11

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
POTUS kids never go to public school, it's a security issue. I guess private schools don't mind guys with machine guns hanging around.
Why are public schools more of a security issue vs private? I always assumed POTUS kids go to private schools because they can afford it. I think the last one that attended public school was Amy Carter.