Ultimate hypocrisy: Baron Trump's school not reopening classas like normal

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How many times have we heard Trump and his stooges preach they want all schools to fully reopen with in person learning. In fact they have threatened to cut funding to districts that don't. Trump wants you to sacrifice your kids while protecting his.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
How many times have we heard Trump and his stooges preach they want all schools to fully reopen with in person learning. In fact they have threatened to cut funding to districts that don't. Trump want you to sacrifice your kids while protecting his.

do as i say not as i do is the gop's mantra (and for a fair number of democrats as well)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Just one of the many ways tRump demonstrates his hypocrisy.

He says there is too much testing, and only since what was probably extreme pressure has even mentioned masks as a good idea....
He know testing and masks work, as everyone that comes near him is tested and masked.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I agree that a private school's decision to remain closed at the start of the school year are not reflective of hypocrisy on the part of the parent.

A parent advocating as strongly as Trump does for public schools to reopen, endangering other people's children and lives, who does NOT then enroll their child in public school when the private schools are closed does show immense hypocrisy.

Reactions: dawp

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I agree that a private school's decision to remain closed at the start of the school year are not reflective of hypocrisy on the part of the parent.

A parent advocating as strongly as Trump does for public schools to reopen, endangering other people's children and lives, who does NOT then enroll their child in public school when the private schools are closed does show immense hypocrisy.
If Trump is serious about ordinary kids getting back to in person school full time he could put pressure on his kids private school to do the same. Nothing but crickets.

Don't act like Trump has never pressured private companies before. So do you think it's safe for kids to go back to full time in person school?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So that's cool, threaten public school funding because they don't open full time and in person while his and other rich kids are protected.

Nice to see you have standards.

I'm not defending any of that. But to say Trump is responsible for the Private School not opening up completely is because his son goes there is silly.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
If Trump is serious about ordinary kids getting back to in person school full time he could put pressure on his kids private school to do the same. Nothing but crickets.

Don't act like Trump has never pressured private companies before. So do you think it's safe for kids to go back to full time in person school?
I don't think you understood the second part of my post.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Again, Trump has pressured private companies many times before. He could pressure his kid's school to fully open to set an example.
So Trump is hypocrite because he didn't take an action you would have been vehemently opposed to.
I do believe I could drive my truck through the hole in that logic.

Reactions: pcgeek11

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I'm not defending any of that. But to say Trump is responsible for the Private School not opening up completely is because his son goes there is silly.

This administration sends lots of money to private schools so they should all in step with the presidents words.

If those schools want to do as they please then they should return all government funding.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump wants you to sacrifice your kids while protecting his.

You guys keep directly saying the kids are in danger. I reckon they are in more (or at least equal) danger from the drive back and forth from school.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Meh, kinda strange those private school experts disagree with Trump and lackeys. DeVos is probably figuring out a way to target defunding public schools some more to divert anyways, and funnel it to private schools, some more, cuz that's 'Murica

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So Trump is hypocrite because he didn't take an action you would have been vehemently opposed to.
I do believe I could drive my truck through the hole in that logic.
I'm in favor of opening schools if it is safe. Other Presidents pressure companies as well for good reasons. Since Trump wants all schools fully open in person it must be safe, right??

Hole closed

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
He demands that schools reopen - in August
He demands that states reopen - NOW

He wants to postpone the election - in November, because voting in person is too dangerous.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
While I have no doubt there's shenanigans going on with PPP loans, that graphic is - at least superficially - basically a population density map of the US.

While I do enjoy Porters grilling of witnesses, I don't know what her intent is with this tweet without seeing the source article. If the article itself shows private education companies receiving the loans and the graphic automatically becomes the image when linking then fine.
If she intended just to show the graphic thats a shitty habit to take up.
can't see past paywall

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
While I have no doubt there's shenanigans going on with PPP loans, that graphic is - at least superficially - basically a population density map of the US.

Yea, I haven't been able to read the article either, behind a paywall