Ultimate Flagship Killer (2016)

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV...f8W_iCcOKLDIlIiLPeu_31Ah3eTlrejXpUaAm5f8P8HAQ

This thing comes with a snapdragon 820, 4 gig ram, 32 gig storage, 2k display, fingerprint sensor, 21mp camera, all for a dirt cheap price of $250. holy cow

Looking at the bands, it appears to support American and European LTEs which most snapdragon devices do.

How the hell do these Chinese smartphone companies make money selling devices for so dirt cheap?

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I always find it amusing that these companies cannot be bothered to get a native english speaker to proofread their marketing mumbo jumbo.

The new upgrade EUI5.8 system is better and more fluency, improve the using experience; smart go out to call the car.Unprecedented match watching experience, create new VR UI, open virtual reality "New Horizons". The system is open platform.

WTH.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I always find it amusing that these companies cannot be bothered to get a native english speaker to proofread their marketing mumbo jumbo.

WTH.

It's like they copied and pasted whatever Google Translate spit out.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Needs at least 64GB in this day and age to be a flagship killer. 32GB is so 2015.

core2slow

Mar 7, 2008
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV...f8W_iCcOKLDIlIiLPeu_31Ah3eTlrejXpUaAm5f8P8HAQ

This thing comes with a snapdragon 820, 4 gig ram, 32 gig storage, 2k display, fingerprint sensor, 21mp camera, all for a dirt cheap price of $250. holy cow

Looking at the bands, it appears to support American and European LTEs which most snapdragon devices do.

How the hell do these Chinese smartphone companies make money selling devices for so dirt cheap?
They make plenty of money. You should question why Samsung and Apple are charging you $800-1000 for their phones...

Reactions: KingstonU

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
Needs at least 64GB in this day and age to be a flagship killer. 32GB is so 2015.

WTH.

This website is much better translated
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones...oPCxAl7XiNy4enhVK-iPMGwndujabAKx4IaAjFk8P8HAQ
price is high tho. I purchase from this site in the past. Their services was good but slightly more expensive

there is actually a 64 gig model with a 6 gig ram for around 300+ i believe o_O

Last edited:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Reason why they are so cheap and apple, samsung charge so much? Advertising the next big thing to the sheep isn't cheap. I mean, brainwashing us all into why we need to spend 800 dollars on the next best thing isn't cheap. Plus, don't forget, the carriers that sell the phones need a cut. Plus those phones have to have all the UL, safety standards, warranties, and somewhat of a guarantee the phone will boot up out of the box.

If you are a big risk taker, and don't mind trying to figure out how to configure your chinese device to speak english for every little thing, with no tech support, then... Maybe you should try it! Let us all know that google just updated it with the latest N version of droid. :)

I bought my wife a cheap chinese tablet 10" ... battery died prematurely, and it was loaded with some chinese virus preinstall! Even tried to reflash it but I think it was pressed into the roms. It ran good while it lasted. Tossed it not long ago. Then again, look at samsung with the touchwiz that I consider a virus. I think if samsung got rid of that crap and the bloatware that comes with it, went with pure droid, more people would like it.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
Reason why they are so cheap and apple, samsung charge so much? Advertising the next big thing to the sheep isn't cheap. I mean, brainwashing us all into why we need to spend 800 dollars on the next best thing isn't cheap. Plus, don't forget, the carriers that sell the phones need a cut. Plus those phones have to have all the UL, safety standards, warranties, and somewhat of a guarantee the phone will boot up out of the box.

If you are a big risk taker, and don't mind trying to figure out how to configure your chinese device to speak english for every little thing, with no tech support, then... Maybe you should try it! Let us all know that google just updated it with the latest N version of droid. :)

I bought my wife a cheap chinese tablet 10" ... battery died prematurely, and it was loaded with some chinese virus preinstall! Even tried to reflash it but I think it was pressed into the roms. It ran good while it lasted. Tossed it not long ago. Then again, look at samsung with the touchwiz that I consider a virus. I think if samsung got rid of that crap and the bloatware that comes with it, went with pure droid, more people would like it.

its a good thing i can read Chinese then hahaha. That phone does have English, based on the review from android authority. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6DZMSmqQU Too bad i had already purchase a redmi note 3pro(which also works on American lte surprisingly) otherwise i would be purchasing this one.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
doesn't take a SD card :(

but yeah that price is very delicious for a phone on that spec.
I love the 6gb+64gb.. you could get almost 3 of those for 1 note 7!

but i love my note 7... even tho its on recall.

tsupersonic

Nov 11, 2013

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
doesn't take a SD card :(

but yeah that price is very delicious for a phone on that spec.
I love the 6gb+64gb.. you could get almost 3 of those for 1 note 7!

but i love my note 7... even tho its on recall.

There is also a 6GB+128GB version too, which is the only 1 I would consider without as SD card slot. Currently @ 32GB+64GB SD so 64GB+NoSD is a backwards move.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_resolution

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution

2560x1440 is referred to as 2k or WQHD. This is 2k because it has a horizontal resolution greater than 2,000 pixels (which FHD/1920x1080 doesn't technically have)

Sent from my Nexus 6P

That logic fails at 4K (3840x2160, or double 1080p). It's simply a term that's been adopted, not one that makes sense. 1080p SHOULD be 2K, but no calls it that. True 2K and true 4K would actually have resolutions starting at 2000 and 4000 respectively as well.

But no one actually uses 2K as a marketing term anyway. It's WQHD, and that's it.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

WTH.
And the same cut-corners attitude that can't even be bothered with a simple advertising blurb... always makes me suspect the same of the hardware. Somewhere deep in the heart of the device... some cut corner that will end up in regret.

(People can bust on Samsung all they want... but end of the day, does anyone think 'Nameless Chinese Company' would recall and replace potentially explode-worthy devices? Don't hold your breath.)

I could be wrong... but that's my view of the 'almost too good to be true' Chinese makes.

Last edited:

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
And the same cut-corners attitude that can't even be bothered with a simple advertising blurb... always makes me suspect the same of the hardware. Somewhere deep in the heart of the device... some cut corner that will end up in regret.

(People can bust on Samsung all they want... but end of the say does anyone think 'Nameless Chinese Company' would recall and replace potentially explode-worthy devices? Don't hold your breath.)

I could be wrong... but that's my view of the 'almost too good to be true' Chinese makes.

You speak of wisdom. Everyone of us should buy a $2000 mac and $1000 flagship iphone instead. Who cares about killer devices at half the price:rolleyes:

Lets just be skeptical. I am pretty sure thousands who own Chinese flagship killers like oneplus one/two/three will have their phones burst in flames soon.

Last edited:

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
You speak of wisdom. Everyone of us should buy a $2000 mac and $1000 flagship iphone instead. Who cares about killer devices at half the price:rolleyes:

Lets just be skeptical. I am pretty sure thousands who own Chinese flagship killers like oneplus one/two/three will have their phones burst in flames soon.

I've gotten two emails directly from Samsung so far keeping me up to date on the status of the recall. If random hardware is defective on one of these phones, will I get the same service? And if I do will I be able to decipher exactly what they're talking about, or will their communications read like an email from a Nigerian prince?

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

You're right, how could I possibly question the quality of a device that "...is better and more fluency, improve the using experience." :D

It's not I think they'll blow up- just the battery will probably be useless in half the time. Possibly the screen, a speaker or some other key component.

But don't get me wrong, I'm glad devices like this exist- they definitely fill a need in the market, and help keep the upper prices from getting too insane. I just personally don't put my trust in a $200 smartphone- but I wouldn't at all mind having one as a knock-around.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
so you guys poke fun at a product simply because of a bad translation from a third party seller who does not even have business partnership with the manufacturer?(geekbuying is like the private sellers on ebay)

These devices arent sold in the USA. when they do enter the market, they'll have actual headquarters, and will have native workers to retail their products. The quality is not the issue here, its just that they havent enter your market yet

You certainly dont find issues buying Chinese brands like Lenovo in the U.S. or Europe do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Senpuu