UK air shows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinhart

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2004
I'm currently planning a trip to the UK next year. It's a bit of a WWII history trip. We're starting in London and then working down to France and the beaches of Normandy.

While we are in the UK we are really interested in seeing a good Airshow featuring British Warbirds. We're looking for something with a good variety of WWII era aircraft including Spitfires, Hurricanes, etc...

We don't have dates picked yet as it's a little dependent on what airshows are running at the time.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or info for annual air shows not too far from London?

Thanks for any info you guys can send my way.

Mar 10, 2005
i'd love to similarly tour european battlefields. good luck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farnborough_Airshow

The Farnborough International Airshow is a week-long event that combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with a public airshow. The event is held in mid-July in even-numbered years at Farnborough Airport in Hampshire, England. The first five days (Monday to Friday) are dedicated exclusively to trade, with the final two days open to the public

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Omaha is an emotional experience, but you need to see Pointe du hoc, it's just surreal. Plus there's still remnants of fortifications there and you can run around in the 15 foot deep she'll craters...it's difficult to comprehend until you see it.

Griffinhart

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2004
I'm taking a look at some of the Normandy tours available. We'll probably Fly into Paris, and work to the beaches from there, then work our way up to London catching the airshow on our last weekend there.

Status
Not open for further replies.