Ugliest Computer I've ever seen -- The EasyPurple for $78

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stoney

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
My god if I had that computer the first thing I'de do would buy a $5 can of spray paint n paint the thing something NOT PURPLE.

Smurf

Pretty bad when a smurf doesn't like it ;) J/K

Packy

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2001
So THIS is the best attempt by PC manufacturers to latch onto the iMac craze?!

Funny, I can't see why they didn't sell. :D

Thank goodness the mouse and keyboard match. We wouldn't want any clashing colors now would we. ;)

rachaelsdad

Aug 26, 2001
Well I think it is pretty ugly too. However I also have a young daughter that feels it's really quite nice. And since I have an extra 466 Celeron a 3.2 Gig HD and lots of other parts that will never be used it is now on order. She promises to keep it in her room at least it will fit with the colors in there. So a little pity; this dad is going to have to actually assemble this with open eyes. What the hell she likes it.

Shippy

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999

<< Well I think it is pretty ugly too. However I also have a young daughter that feels it's really quite nice. And since I have an extra 466 Celeron a 3.2 Gig HD and lots of other parts that will never be used it is now on order. She promises to keep it in her room at least it will fit with the colors in there. So a little pity; this dad is going to have to actually assemble this with open eyes. What the hell she likes it. >>

You may be hurting seeing as that is a socket 7 motherboard not a socket 370.

KamakaziRcr

Jan 15, 2000
I bought the silver one a month back. It's a neat little toy pc if you have a spare k6-2 cpu, sdram, and a hard drive. My only complaint is it runs only under win98 and ME. Forget about 2000 or XP. It's a bit noisy, but replace the small bottom case fan with a quieter pentium or 486 cpu and it makes a big difference. My wife actually saw me tinkering around with it and the purple one caught her eye. She was a little upset at me for not getting the purple one. This is her PC btw. Check out the I-Appliance forum for better discussion on this.

SonicTron

Oct 20, 2001
It looks like it can fit a normal ATX mobo. Can it? I'm not going to purchase this football thingy of course............

KamakaziRcr

Jan 15, 2000
No, it won't fit a ATX mobo. Off the top of my head, the mobo is about 8"x8". The size and shape of the case is equivilant to a 6" binder half filled with paper. I was thinking about printing out an eye retina and put it on the CD door and a couple of wired little arms on the side to make it look more like a one eye alien pc.

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
Man, I can see it now. A Dork sitting in from of this thing and it says "Welcome, you've got mail". :D

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
i definitely like the purple one better
no slots for pci vid card eh
but it's tite with all those usb connections--it has more than my presario

edit: 100 fsb also?hmmm
thanks for posting

JHawk

Mar 14, 2001
I looked up ugly in the dictionary and it had a picture of this computer!!

pogomips

Sep 25, 2000
The only thing not easy about this thing is that it certainly isn't easy on the eyes!

>>Take a look at this Great little Barebones system from Biostar! The Biostar-built EasyNow! personal >>computer is easier to set up, easier to use, and easier to upgrade than traditional PCs. The USB controller >>is capable of supporting data transfers up to 12Mb/s. You can obtain many USB-compatible devices such as >>joysticks, floppy disk drives, CD-W drives, printers, audio device, scanners, digital cameras, and so on. It's >>very easy to plug in any USB device into any USB port at any time, even when the system is running! Just >>add the CPU, Memory, Hard Drive, & Operating System!

my $.02,

pogo ( : ^} #

hojl

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2000
I thought this computer was a decent deal until and even better then the burbie until I found it is not even socket 370.
This is because it has built in lan card unlike the burpie or burbie

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I saw this when it was first posted. I do not think it looks that bad, but I would never buy it. Worse comes to worse, I can hide it in my rack :)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001

<< * Video: Embedded 3D & 2D video graphics accelerator >>

That is a much more appropriate word than "onboard" do you not agree? :)

Packy

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2001

<< Sunmansfx, you're wrong...Pontiac defined ugly when they released the Aztec!! >>

HAHA! I have to agree 100% with ya there.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
am i the only one that thinks this is really a cassette tape player? look really close at the large image of the case.. there appears to be a cassette tape inside the "bubble".....:confused: