Ugh...it isnt your computer thats the problem, its you.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Don't you just love people (family and friends) that complain to you that their PC's are too slow, running all funky, things are all messed up etc. Then you find out upon further inspection of said PC that they have been clicking to open every pop up, have downloaded every free screensaver they can find. They use the P2P software that is riddled with viruses/spyware/maleware/bloatware. Have in excess of 60 processes running on 256 megs of ram....

...sigh

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Then let them buy a new computer, charge them to install it, and keep their old one.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I use that line all the time with my family and friends. This is why I never help people I know with computer issues, aside from one of my good friends and the parents.

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
The best is when they smoke in their rooms, and wonder why their fans and psu's are all messed up. Software problems are atleast fixable.

Jun 19, 2004
"But....but, I've got my nortons and my free spyware stuffs so I can't get infected even though I use Kazza, limewire, morpheus......"

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: makoto00
The best is when they smoke in their rooms, and wonder why their fans and psu's are all messed up. Software problems are atleast fixable.

I have to replace the power supplys and processor fans if I take one of those and refurbish it. I can tell from a customers machine if they're a smoker or not, even light smoking. I did it for ten years so for some reason I'm able to smell it when other techs can't. It makes me sick to my stomach too.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Originally posted by: makoto00

I have to replace the power supplys and processor fans if I take one of those and refurbish it. I can tell from a customers machine if they're a smoker or not, even light smoking. I did it for ten years so for some reason I'm able to smell it when other techs can't. It makes me sick to my stomach too.

I thought you were going to say you can tell they are a smoker because of all the tar build up on their case.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I did a reformat for a smoker once and it stunk very bad. Yellow stains all over the inside of the case.