U2's new album ROCKS

U2fan

Oct 12, 2000
Just got new U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind album.
Very impressive.
Should get album of the year.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Yes, it does.

I saw them during the Joshua Tree tour, one month after I gave birth in 1987....

Psalm 40....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Heaven on earth. ;)

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I'm gonna pick up a copy of it tomorrow. I heard a few songs on it and that's enough to get me to buy it.

Spindler

Oct 3, 2000
U2 is the best!!! I purchased every single cd/album they have, even the foreign import ones that cost $50 each.. ack!!

The new one rocks but my favorite is still Joshua Tree set tho :)

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
I think the new Nevermore "Dead Heart in a Dead World" should get album of the year.

jushua

Oct 11, 1999
Yes, a totally brilliant album!!!
The songs are just so warm and soulful.
My favourite songs so far are
Beautiful Day
Stuck in A Moment..
Walk On
Kite
In a Little While
I have to say I'm pretty obsessed with "In a Little While". It's such a simple song yet so strong although almost stripped down to only Bono's vocal and Edge's guitar.

Thumbs up to them!!!:)

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
I dl'd the album to avoid what happend with "Pop",, The Album is there best since "Achtung Baby" for sure. I will be buying it for sure now...:D

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
yeah, got it last night.

I only like Beautiful Day, In a little while, kite, new york, when i look at the world, and wild honey.

the rest don't appeal to me.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
I HATED "Poop" and gave it away after attempting to struggle thru it once. Ack! The new one is really good, their best since their best, "Achtung Baby". Didn't regret paying $12.50 for it at all. Not quite AOTY for me (Smashing Pumpkins "Machina" albums are leading), but it's quite good.

They sound like a band with nothing to prove to anyone and nothing much to fight about just kicking back and making good music for it's own sake.

Nothin' wrong with that.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I haven't heard the new one but I still like Unforgettable Fire and Boy better than Achtung Baby. I saw them in 83 or 84. Great show then. I have no idea what they would be like live now. In 1980 they played a small club here in LA called the Country Club where they did a 2nd version of their last song in the set because Bono thought the audience didn't clapp loud enough. They ended up getting a standing ovation and good reviews.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Didn't care for pop either, I heard beautiful day on the radio a few weeks back and then dl on napster and I was thinking "Wow, this almost sounds like achtung baby - maybe they have learned!" and you know what? Its not too far off...its not as hard as achtung, but this album is certainly their best since achtung and gives me enough that I can finally say U2 is my favorite band. I don't like most of their newer stuff as much as older, but overall they have SO many damn good songs.

Plus Beautiful day kicks ass. When edge kicks in with the guitar, booyah.

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
I don't listen to much secular stuff anymore but I do still like U2. They just sound cool. My brother got the Beautiful Day single and just got the album. I'll listen to it this weekend when I go home.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I'll have to pick it up. I honestly thought they didn't have another good album in them after zoo TV and pop mart or whatever.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
U2 rocks. I like the new album but Joshua Tree is still the best. I have had all of their albums at one time or another, but somehow they seem to find their way into other people's hands #$&*^%@#!!

U2fan

Oct 12, 2000
I also think it is the best writing since Achtung Baby, but I love every album including POP and Zooropa.
Joshua Tree is best,then Achtung Baby, The Unforgettable Fire, and ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND is 4th.
In A Little While is my favorite so far, but due to change.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have all their albums, except the imports, but didn't know they were coming out with a new one. My favorite has to be War, still looking for it on CD though.