U.S. Unemployment Rate Drop Leaves Out Blacks, Asians

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey black people, what do you have to lose? Trump crowing about the unemployment numbers decided to hold an impromptu presser for gloating. I guess he forgot people were going to question him about other things. Yamiche Alcindor had the following exchange with Trump...

When Alcindor, who works for PBS, asked the president to explain how he plans to address systemic racism in the country, he held a finger to his lips, then seconds later said: “A strong economy.”
When she asked how worsening jobless figures for Asians and Blacks were “a victory,” as Trump had claimed, he shook his head angrily and told her: “You are something else.”

A black female reporter who Trump often demeans had the nerve to ask him about dealing with systemic racism and black unemployment is going in the opposite direction. What she exposed Trump doesn't really give a shit about the state of blacks in America or any other group other then his precious white people.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
All the protest may have something to do with high black unemployment numbers. I would think it is hard to protest and work too.
I was thinking about this while watching the news last night. How many would be protesting if a third of our economy wasn't shut down?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
All the protest may have something to do with high black unemployment numbers. I would think it is hard to protest and work too.

Yes their unemployment rate is tied to an event that happened at the very end of the month while new claims for unemployment were dropping rapidly. Where did you pickup up this lame ass talking point or is this your own invention?

Reactions: JD50

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Although this isnt a surrise, the unemployment gap between blacks and whites has mostl;y maintained its 4-10% gap:

595fb1ebd9fccdc3278b46c5

So its really not any better or worse than any other time.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Maybe you should explain the intent.

If you are so dense you can't read my words which were pretty much straight to the point I was making. Maybe you should just ignore my post.

I would think it is hard to protest and work too.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
If you are so dense you can't read my words which were pretty much straight to the point I was making. Maybe you should just ignore my post.

I would think it is hard to protest and work too.
Yeah he wasn’t he wrong.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You should give us black people some credit for protesting for our lives. Unlike the knuckledragging rednecks with their semi-automatic weapons showing up in blackface to make fun of black people.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You should give us black people some credit for protesting for our lives. Unlike the knuckledragging rednecks with their semi-automatic weapons showing up in blackface to make fun of black people.

I've never said anything against you black people protesting for your lives or any other injustice. That is your right and you are welcome to it. I have no issues with peaceful protesters.

It is the looting, burning, killing and rioting I have an issue with, no matter who is doing it.

I don't glue myself to the coverage, but I haven't seen "knuckledragging rednecks with their semi-automatic weapons showing up in blackface to make fun of black people". And if they are then they are fucked up for doing it.

Then again I have no issues with a business owner arming himself and getting others to arm to protect their business from looters and rioters. As long as that is all they are doing.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've never said anything against you black people protesting for your lives or any other injustice. That is your right and you are welcome to it. I have no issues with peaceful protesters.

It is the looting, burning, killing and rioting I have an issue with, no matter who is doing it.

I don't glue myself to the coverage, but I haven't seen "knuckledragging rednecks with their semi-automatic weapons showing up in blackface to make fun of black people". And if they are then they are fucked up for doing it.

Then again I have no issues with a business owner arming himself and getting others to arm to protect their business from looters and rioters. As long as that is all they are doing.
Of course not. Like that snide comment that black unemployment numbers are up because we are protesting. It never dawned on you service jobs were hardest hit and black people make up a disproportionate number of those jobs.

BTW - Here are your so called respectful white people. Or as Trump called them, patriots.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
:D

I mean...you're 70 or something, so I get it. I ain't gonna harp on that, but lol, man. come on!

Fuck you, I'm a mere 65. :p

Come on and what?

Just following along with HIS Comment where he used the exact same sentiment.

" You should give us black people some credit for protesting for our lives."

Where I responded:

" I've never said anything against you black people protesting for your lives or any other injustice."

So it's OK for Homer to say black people, but I can't. That is silly, I didn't say anything derogatory or dismissive.

Everybody is just too fucking sensitive. Hell from the news that I've watched the protesters look almost balanced between White and Black people.

Or am I not allowed to say that either?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Of course not. Like that snide comment that black unemployment numbers are up because we are protesting. It never dawned on you service jobs were hardest hit and black people make up a disproportionate number of those jobs.

BTW - Here are your so called respectful white people. Or as Trump called them, patriots.

There was nothing snide or derogatory about it. I could see where it could be misinterpreted and I meant nothing derogatory by it. I apologize if you saw it as snide or demeaning

The video doesn't play for me, but I'll take your word for what is going on and I do not condone anything such as you described.

Why do you call them My respectful white people? Are you calling me a racist?

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There was nothing snide or derogatory about it. I could see where it could be misinterpreted and I meant nothing derogatory by it. I apologize if you saw it as snide or demeaning

The video doesn't play for me, but I'll take your word for what is going on and I do not condone anything such as you described.

Why do you call them My respectful white people? Are you calling me a racist?
Yours generically comparing the "good white people" vs us black people protesting for our lives.

The same black people that get criticized no matter how we protest as I stated in my Dear White People thread. Examples were included

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Hey black people, what do you have to lose? Trump crowing about the unemployment numbers decided to hold an impromptu presser for gloating. I guess he forgot people were going to question him about other things. Yamiche Alcindor had the following exchange with Trump...

A black female reporter who Trump often demeans had the nerve to ask him about dealing with systemic racism and black unemployment is going in the opposite direction. What she exposed Trump doesn't really give a shit about the state of blacks in America or any other group other then his precious white people.
I saw that scene when it happened. I have seen, multiple times, the way he treats Yamiche Alcindor. It's disgusting. She asks him simple straightforward questions and
he flat out, won't answer them. And then ends the conversations with snide remarks.
Remember, he does not like strong-willed women and women in power. He will demean male
reporters but no where near the level of female reporters. Look at Yamiche Alcindor , Caitlin Collins, Weijia Jiang, who will
do their job and persist with the questions and he will demean them all and wave them off with his hand.
The orange menace is a misogynist pig.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Yours generically comparing the "good white people" vs us black people protesting for our lives.

The same black people that get criticized no matter how we protest as I stated in my Dear White People thread. Examples were included

Where did I generically compare "good white people" vs us black people protesting for our lives?

When I said it looks nearly balanced between whites and blacks protesting? I didn't compare anything, I only made an observation of what I saw on the news.

Look, it is obvious you are going to be offended regardless of what I say.

I apologized for what you took as a snide comment. I refuse to kiss your ass.

I'm done with it.

Last edited: