U.S. soccer team hears Osama chants in Mexico

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
[nelson]ha ha[/nelson]

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Wait, does this mean the powers that be in the US will make an under the table boycott of Mexican's now like they did with the French? It will be interesting to hear "Freedom Fajitas" from now on...

fajitas were invented in houston

gururu

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
believe me, mexicans probably empathize with us more than any other country in the world. I mean, they are one of the few peoples that don't believe themselves to be superior to americans. soccer and alcohol lead to stupidity in all forms and anywhere.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: gururu
believe me, mexicans probably empathize with us more than any other country in the world. I mean, they are one of the few peoples that don't believe themselves to be superior to americans. soccer and alcohol lead to stupidity in all forms and anywhere.
Sorry, but no amount of drunken stupidity leads to the kind of behavior displayed at that soccer game.....it is a pure demonstration of hatred/jealousy and if you think different then you are fooling yourself. We are hated all over the world becuase of what we have achieved as a nation and if you're A White American your even hated by about 50% or more of the people in your own contry to boot.

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com
I saw that at fark earlier today too. But I also saw the guys LJ about the metro bomb in Russia. And I was surprised that all the comments were joking/making fun of. I mean, the guy walked through flesh and dead bodies. That's sick, not funny. Seems to me as if some people only care if it happens to them.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Riprorin
Funny so many Mexicans want to come here.

They want to come here because there used to be opportunities for them.

hehe..yeah, every Mexican's dream...to be in the IT industry

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
there wouldn't be "so many" opportunities in america for mexicans if businesses didn't hire illegal immigrants.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

hehe..yeah, every Mexican's dream...to be in the IT industry

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: geno

*used* to be? Then why are they still pouring over the borders? For the nice scenery?

Just because you hate something doesn't mean you won't do it to stay alive.

Ok, so... there used to be opportunities for them and now they only come over here because it helps them stay alive? And that's not an opportunity? Try to pay attention to the conversation you've got going and the English language you're having said conversation in.

Anyway, in the end this is just more proof of why soccer sucks. Dumbest. "Sport". Ever. Next to extreme ironing anyway.

*tag snafu edit*

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
They're not chanting Osama because they really believe in his cause. Please. They're doing it because they are rooting against the US soccer team. Soccer is LIFE there. The US knocked them out of the World Cup. Granted, it's a dumb thing to do, but I don't think they are really rooting for Osama as much as they are rooting against the US team.

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Originally posted by: gururu
Sorry, but no amount of drunken stupidity leads to the kind of behavior displayed at that soccer game.....it is a pure demonstration of hatred/jealousy and if you think different then you are fooling yourself. We are hated all over the world becuase of what we have achieved as a nation and if you're A White American your even hated by about 50% or more of the people in your own contry to boot.

Wow this is ignorant, go back to your upper middle class home and keep making pretend people are jealous of your life. Soccer, in some parts of the world, is life, plain and simple. For many of those fans its the one thing that they can enjoy in their lives. In my opinion anything short of violence at a soccer game is fine, if you think these fans actually like osama and are jealous of your parents cars then you're an idiot

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl

*used* to be? Then why are they still pouring over the borders? For the nice scenery?

Ok, so... there used to be opportunities for them and now they only come over here because it helps them stay alive? And that's not an opportunity? Try to pay attention to the conversation you've got going and the English language you're having said conversation in.

Anyway, in the end this is just more proof of why soccer sucks. Dumbest. "Sport". Ever. Next to extreme ironing anyway.

*tag snafu edit*

The used to be part comes from the fact that Bush destroyed the jobs they could have had.. not even Americans can stay employed.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence
They're not chanting Osama because they really believe in his cause. Please. They're doing it because they are rooting against the US soccer team. Soccer is LIFE there. The US knocked them out of the World Cup. Granted, it's a dumb thing to do, but I don't think they are really rooting for Osama as much as they are rooting against the US team.

what happened to only chanting "DE-FENSE" and doing the wave? :(

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Yzzim

what happened to only chanting "DE-FENSE" and doing the wave? :(

I think DE-FENSE in spanish is OSA-MA

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: MacBaine
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

Of course, we shouldn't judge all Mexicans on the basis of a few soccer fans.

Yes we should

Sad :(

It seems to me as though you are full of negativity, seeing as how every post I've *ever* seen you make has been negative.

I hope you get a really bad nosebleed

Thanks for proving my point ;)

Thanks for handing me your soul.

rolleye.gif
This site really needs an ignore list...

By... Mennon!
Co-stanza!

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002

thats b.s. i think its very unsportsmans like to do such a thing, and there are such a things as crossing the limits. reminds me of the article i read of the Austrailian fans chanting Gandhi to the Indian cricket team because they were winning. There ARE certain lines that SHOULDN'T be crossed, yes, even in sports there needs to be some decency.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: AmericasTeam

You know nothing about how or why Mexicans come into our Country until you live in California.

Well then please enlighten us why they come here.