U.S. military raids Chalabi's home

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
CNN
U.S. military personnel and Iraqi police have raided the compound of the Iraqi National Congress and the nearby home of Iraqi Governing Council member Ahmed Chalabi.
That guy is a worm.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Umm, yeah, and the U.S. attacked Iraq partly at his urging AND put him in a position of power.
This is just cockup of the day. Add it to the growing list. More cockups to come.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Maybe its Because he Was Giving US operational plans and information to the Iranians While still on the Pentagon Payroll.

This Guy should be returned to Jordan and Shot.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Umm, yeah, and the U.S. attacked Iraq partly at his urging AND put him in a position of power.
This is just cockup of the day. Add it to the growing list. More cockups to come.

:roll:

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: arsbanned
. . . starting to eat their young . . .

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
The video I saw on CNN showed a picture of himself on the wall with what appears to be a bullet hole through his forehead. Chalabi claimed this raid was a threat because he was spoken out for more independence and sovereignty of Iraqi government after the transition- particularly control of army and country's finances.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The guy was an Iraqi ex-pat for 40 yrs and we listened to him for advice on the invasion and setting up a new gov't? Regoddamdiculous. The admin is waking up with a hangover, rolling over to see the hottie they thought they brought home is really a skank. Now there's sneaking around going "SH!T, where's my pants?!"

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Hafen
The guy was an Iraqi ex-pat for 40 yrs and we listened to him for advice on the invasion and setting up a new gov't? Regoddamdiculous. The admin is waking up with a hangover, rolling over to see the hottie they thought they brought home is really a skank. Now there's sneaking around going "SH!T, where's my pants?!"

:beer:

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
It's nice to see how thorough planning of the new Iraqi "democratic" government is really panning out.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
I always thought that I wasn't a conspiracy theorist but I wonder about the possibility that this was a cooperative effort on the part of the U.S. and Chalabi to put distance between the two of them so he'll be more acceptable to Iraqi's. Seems like the U.S. took a pretty big propaganda hit though if that was the goal. No doubt more will be revealied.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Chalabi was used by Wolfowitz because it was expedient. He committed bank fraud, but that was ignored because he was the perfect stooge otherwise. Now his usefulness is over, and since Chalabi wanted power and now is less than useless, we can do what we like. This is a message sent to him and his accomplices that their time is past, or as BBD put it they are starting to eat their young.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
U.S. troops detained three guards and seized computers, dozens of rifles, and files from the offices of the INC

I'd rather a third-party reviewed those records. I don't trust this administration and I wouldn't trust the Iraqi police.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
"My relationship with the CPA now is non-existent ..." he told reporters after claiming a firefight had narrowly been avoided between his guards and US-backed Iraqi police during the raid.

"I am America's best friend in Iraq; if the CPA finds it necessary to direct an armed attack against my home you can see the state of relations between the CPA and the Iraqi people."

Chalabi severs ties with US-led authority in Iraq

How long until he Gets hit With a roadside Bomb?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
U.S. troops detained three guards and seized computers, dozens of rifles, and files from the offices of the INC

I'd rather a third-party reviewed those records. I don't trust this administration and I wouldn't trust the Iraqi police.

Clearly someone you trust, like the UN. Or the DNC.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
Amazing how much inside information you talking heads have!

What's not to know?

Fact- Wolfowitz knew (because we all did) about Chalabi's past

Fact- It was necessary to have someone as a figurehead. Chalabi was "reliable" since his record indicates he is corruptible.

Fact- Chalabi became more outspoken as time went on and it was not always favorable to the US.

Fact- Chalabi has been ever more distanced from the US.

Fact- The information provided by Chalabi was largely incorrect.

Fact- We just crashed his party.

Where is the rocket science here?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
Amazing how much inside information you talking heads have!
Apparently more than the entire administration. What does that say? :roll:

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Can you believe we paid this fool $300k+ per MONTH!

He was nothing but our puppet and when the puppet started to whine against its master, KABOOOOOOOMM!!!

He's nothing but a slimy rat. Good thing for the Iraqi people.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Passions

He was nothing but our puppet and when the puppet started to whine against its master, KABOOOOOOOMM!!!

The dirty dancing ain't over yet.

Watch him angle for puppet power in the hellhole social and political vacuum we have wrought in Iraq.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

A slimy rat that the U.S. paid to drum up fake intelligence re:WMDs to justify an invasion of Iraq to further the vision of the PNAC.

onelove

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2001
the punchline: Chalabi complains that the authorities even seized his French cheese!

LoL - :wine:

Chalabi is officially off the reservation.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

Well technically you can blame Clinton, IIRC the funding that went to Chalabi (and other groups) was approved during the previous administration . . . Not explicitly to support the INC (Chalabi) but it's not like Congress intended that money to go to MSF, WHO, or UNICEF.