U.S. Marines Advance Unopposed Through NE Baghdad, citizens CHEER

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: flavio
A lot of cities have Iraqis shooting at US soldiers. I get the impression they're not happy.

What cities do we occupy where citizens are firing on us?

Which ones aren't?

Leon

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 1999
and the rooftops full of shooting Iraqis.

As far as I know, there is hardly any shooting in Basra, and many people happy to see Brits there. And according to WP, many of the remaining Baghdad resistance are not actually Iraqi's - they are Syrians, Egyptians, and Saudi. The "jihad against US infidels" types.

Get real dude - if Iraqi's were willing to fight, and had faith in their president and government, we would still be outside Baghdad, with 4 Republican guard divisions around it, and 100,000 of regular army.

"The same ones cheering during the day are shooting at us at night".

Considering the huge advantage that US forces have while fighting at night, that quote doesn' t make much sense.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
good point, alot of the military has deserted the regime and just gone home.....lol

truly dedicated in their cause and hatred for the US.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Leon
and the rooftops full of shooting Iraqis.

As far as I know, there is hardly any shooting in Basra,

What do you know?

"The same ones cheering during the day are shooting at us at night".

Considering the huge advantage that US forces have while fighting at night, that quote doesn' t make much sense.

So who do you think is shooting at US soldiers at night?

Leon

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 1999
What do you know?

What I see on BBC and Reuters. And according to them, and many other sources, fighting in Basra have stopped completely (though there is still some fedayeen left). If you have any information to prove otherwise, please provide a sourse.

So who do you think is shooting at US soldiers at night?

Same people who is shooting at them during the day, as I explained in above post. The remnants of Saddam militia, and foreigners. With the rate of the Coalition advance, I would give them couple of days, a week at most :)

Leon

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
All the excitement in Baghdad caused me to lose the link I found regarding this, but a Army Ranger reported not even HEARINg one round of fire while out in Baghdad last night, at least in his area it was pretty calm.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CptObvious
Man these anti-war folks wont quit will they.
Of course they won't. They aren't Anti-war, they are Anti-US (the vast majority of them). I don't recall any of them fuming and spouting about Chechnya, or the Congo, or the Ivory Coast, and the countries ignoring the UN security council
rolleye.gif

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
this thread is hilarious. flavio responds to everything with "what do you know" and "how would you know", then turns around and makes statements that are just as speculatory.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Flavio lets see some links to back you so called knowledge to back that up... Don't you need a brain for that?

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
this thread is hilarious. flavio responds to everything with "what do you know" and "how would you know", then turns around and makes statements that are just as speculatory.

Exactly. No one here knows anything other than what they have heard/read in the news. And not everything you hear/read is true.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: gopunk
Because he's living on the streets of Baghdad with the people, he must know them intimately.

Seriously, this is great for a chuckle.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Sounds like he is Dissapointed more Americans didn't die and that Hussiens Bitches gave up so easily.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Sounds like he is Dissapointed more Americans didn't die and that Hussiens Bitches gave up so easily.

Yup it dose, funny how people can be like that