U.S. general tells Israelis war will start by late November!

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
Does this really need to be bumped? Big news!

This would be significant if it came from a slightly more "credible" news source. This story has also not appeared on any of the major news agencies. In addition this seems like a highly suspect story to begin with, the thought that the US could be ready for a major operation against Iraq by November is highly unlikely considering the political and practical considerations of the situation.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Nothing will happen under after the fall elections and until the weather is optimal for the attack (January 2003 I think).

Nothing should happen until the Bush administration submits its evidence to America and the world community. Congress must seriously debate this and decide to formally declare war.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I thought the element of surprise was good thing in war.
Catch them on their heels, not their toes...
rolleye.gif

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
they are just egging the americans on. israelies can only think purely in self interest, they are trained from birth to do it.
its obvious there will be a war, and thats that to any intelligent observer. some stupid politicans think they will have a say in the other direction but they are wrong. the most ignorant thing i have heard on the subject is turkish blustering about annexing iraqi kurdistan - as if, that is some very naive thinking, they are another elite with chronic self-awareness problems.
the only problme is whether the opportunity to effect change in the rest of the middle east is grasped. I am never sure with the americans, they have so many bad influences at their ears you cant tell what they will do. They hav to push for regime transformation in the mid east, and really pressure those nazies in israel, and maybe sponsor in a comitted way a regime change in iran, after all they are apparrently sheltering alqaida leaders right now.

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Result of a war between US and Iraq is simple, US will be victorious, and Iraq will be reduced to rumbles once again. Even the Iraqis must realize they don't have a chance against US. Personally, I would rather let the Israel finish them off rather than having to lost any American lives (which will definitely happen in war).

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
It disrespectful. IMO
But then again what does our society know about respect.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: rufruf44
Result of a war between US and Iraq is simple, US will be victorious, and Iraq will be reduced to rumbles once again. Even the Iraqis must realize they don't have a chance against US. Personally, I would rather let the Israel finish them off rather than having to lost any American lives (which will definitely happen in war).
Short term I agree. Long term I disagree and believe the war will incite another level of terrorism since it doesn't address the root causes of terrorism (random U.S. foreign policy).

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Atrail
It disrespectful. IMOBut then again what does our society know about respect.

it probably is buy its a goodish comparison. anyway ben gurion the founding prime minister described the right wing israelies as nazies 13 years after the end of the holocaust, in the knesset as prime minister.
anyway a lot of left wing israelies dont have what you might reagrd as very 'left wing' views of the palestinians anyway.their approach is a bargaining one to get a peace and security deal, they dont have any concern fot he human aspect, so f em.