Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I have to move some furniture tomorrow, and there's a U-Haul place in town that has these 19.95 deals on their trucks. In the end, will it really be 19.95, or are there all kinds of hidden charges/insurance to pay? I'm going to call tomorrow to check, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Uhauls. Thanks

ps. i know they charge for mileage, that's no problem.

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
i think there is a $10-$15 charge per day for insurance on a commercial vehicle. i don't know if you can get out of that charge but give it a try. other than that and GAS, i don't think there are any other hidden charges.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
i'd only need the truck for an hour or two, so hopefully I can get some kind of a deal.

dimsum

Aug 12, 2000
well is the weekend coming soon. Make sure you reserve one and they have one for you. some time people will rent for one day but will hold on for another day, thus leaves U-haul short supply of truck.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
$19.95 is the base rental fee. U-Haul charges a lot for mileage, and you need to return the truck with a full tank. I don't know what else they'll try to hit you for but U-Haul is good at that in my experience. U-Haul's trucks are usually pretty crappy and worn out. They waste space inside the truck with moving blankets and a dolly you can "rent" for $5 by breaking the the plastic tie. Make sure the tie is there before you leave or they'll hit you for the rental of the dolly.

Grab the yellow pages and call a few places. U-Haul isn't the only rental place. You might find a better deal, or at the very least, a better overall experience.