Typical dirty democrats

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Blackmail by the Hypocrats

How can Bush lose Illinois a year before election? Because the Republicans will hold their national convention in early September and the Illinois Election Code requires certification of ballots in August, a minor change needs to be made in state law. Madigan, who is also the state chairman, and Jones are holding up certification -- for a price.

Madigan and Jones say Bush will be put on the ballot if the GOP caves on two points. One would be to agree that the Illinois Board of Elections could, at any time, dismiss without prejudice any matters currently pending before the board -- especially applying to violations that were levied after the original state gift ban act. That means that Democrats fined for dozens of campaign disclosure violations would not have to pay fines -- fines running as high as $797,600 for Secretary of State Jesse White and 14 Senate members, all Democrats. A second condition, requested by the Cook County clerk, Democrat David Orr, would be to remove the requirement that voters who register to vote by mail must vote in person the first time they vote.

What a crock of sh!t. Not like it matters though, democrat corruption in that state runs deep, it would still end up a blue state with thousands of dead people voting democrat.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Aww, what to pick....the corrupt Dems or warmongering republicans?...I dunno, somehow I don't think I would vote for either of these parties candidates. What the country needs is a new, strong, third party. But, hah, like that's ever going to happen. To many choices would just confuse people, right?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Sounds like politics to me.... give and take ya know. Maybe GOP knew they lost Illinois anyway so decided to have convention very late as a ad campaign running up to election to bolster other states Bush vote.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo
Sounds like politics to me.... give and take ya know. Maybe GOP knew they lost Illinois anyway so decided to have convention very late as a ad campaign running up to election to bolster other states Bush vote.

Well for one its blackmail to get 15 people off from felonies.

The second "compromise" would be unconstitutional. It would disenfranchise voters. Mainly those over seas,*cough*military*cough*

The democrats dont want to be punished for laws they broke, and they want to try and disenfanchise the military vote. Plain and simple the majority of Democrats in Ill are corrupt sons of bitches. The republicans better not back down on this.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
If the Republicans didn't try to use 9-11 to their advantage by holding their convention then, none of this would happen.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
If the Republicans didn't try to use 9-11 to their advantage by holding their convention then, none of this would happen.

Convienant how the author *forgets* to mention this.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo

Convienant how the author *forgets* to mention this.

Well for one, its August 30-Sept 4. It doesnt matter when they date is, hypocrats would still bitch and moan that they republicans are trying to use 9/11, merely because they choose New York.

The real reason they choose New York, is simply because they plan to push Rudy into office in 2004, as a Senator from New York, and in 2006 push Hillary out of office. NY as a state, is trending republican, and the democrats cant handle that.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
would be to REMOVE the requirement that voters who register to vote by mail must vote in person the first time they vote

Hey do you even read the stuff you quote?

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Pennstate
would be to REMOVE the requirement that voters who register to vote by mail must vote in person the first time they vote

Hey do you even read the stuff you quote?

Misread it.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003

that is a nice bit of rationalization. like the dems would not have done this otherwise, ROFL!

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I say screw Illinois let the dems have it and don't cave on a single thing. the thought of a couple of dozen dem convictions on campaign finance violations somehow appeals to me.:D

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I doubt that the Republicans really care, or that they'll give an inch- right, wrong or indifferent. In a fair election, Illinois is a foregone conclusion, and they know it.

New York was chosen so that Dubya can stand on a flag-draped podium in the hole that was once the WTC, wave the bloody shirt, and spout nonsense about the WoT, Iraq and the neocon dream of world domination.

We'll witness the spectacle of fearmongering and pseudo patriotic crap on a scale that even Joe McCarthy would have found shameful and degrading...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To identify with a party is to reveal your own self hate. Doesn't matter what the party or ism is.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
To identify with a party is to reveal your own self hate. Doesn't matter what the party or ism is.
Heh moonie how cute.

Should I go dig through some threads where you clearly state how democrats are intellectually superior, etc.? Or are you just admitting your self-hate?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001

How does that work, exactly?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I agree the Dems look bad. Illinois, and Chicago in particular, play pretty rough. The Republicans pull plenty of this sort of stuff themselves, of course. You are right on top of all the Republican dirty tricks, right?

Because....you aren't a partisan? :)

Just another citizen who wants to level the playing field for everyone? :)
<cough, cough>
-Robert

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: XZeroII

It's one of these new "enlightened" ways of saying you want to be "different" and "individual". As to how it works? Well, nobody really knows - moony gets to set the rules for himself and I get to set them for myself also. It's just that I know what I love and hate(and the reasons why), whereas some are still confused or still in denial and by telling themselves they are somehow free of "labels" or "isms" it gives them a feeling of comfort and security. I liken it to the fear of rejection - If you don't even try, you can't be rejected. It's a similar concept. When one doesn't try to know themselves or define themselves they won't see their own faults and failings and thus don't have to deal with them. Now, sometimes it can work in the opposite way - like trying to mask your "issues" by burying yourself in a group so as to lose your individuality. They seem to be polar opposites, but with a common "problem" driving them both - the fear of one's own short-comings and failures.

CkG

PS - I know, at times, I pick on moony for his mirror and misc. psychobabble, but some of his ramblings hold a tad bit of truth. However, IMO, the truths often get lost in the presentation and delivery.;)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Let me get this straight. Illinois state law requires the ballot to be certified in August. The Republican party, knowing they must meet the Illinois deadline, chose instead to push their convention date back to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy. Now they're shocked they are expected to follow the same rules as everyone else, and the YABAs are bleating this is somehow the Democrats' fault.

Riiiight.

Sounds like the Republicans screwed up. If the Republican leadership had any integrity, they would admit they blew it and politely beg Illinois to bail them out. Of course that requires personal accountabilty, a character trait Republicans expect from others ... but not from themselves.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
Sounds like business as usual. Politics is a messy sport, and those involved should already know the risks by now. If they don't, then shame on them.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
Heh moonie how cute.

Should I go dig through some threads where you clearly state how democrats are intellectually superior, etc.? Or are you just admitting your self-hate?
Now, now, don't try to get too cleaver. Surely you realize that unconscious behavior can't happen when you are conscious of the factors driving it. And surely you realize I say those things to make you conscious of how much you hate it. :D I'm not a Democrat, I'm a healer, and my only aim is to make you better. First order of business, however, is the patient has to know he's sick.
=====================

Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: XZeroII

It's one of these new "enlightened" ways of saying you want to be "different" and "individual". As to how it works? Well, nobody really knows - moony gets to set the rules for himself and I get to set them for myself also. It's just that I know what I love and hate(and the reasons why), whereas some are still confused or still in denial and by telling themselves they are somehow free of "labels" or "isms" it gives them a feeling of comfort and security. I liken it to the fear of rejection - If you don't even try, you can't be rejected. It's a similar concept. When one doesn't try to know themselves or define themselves they won't see their own faults and failings and thus don't have to deal with them. Now, sometimes it can work in the opposite way - like trying to mask your "issues" by burying yourself in a group so as to lose your individuality. They seem to be polar opposites, but with a common "problem" driving them both - the fear of one's own short-comings and failures.

CkG

PS - I know, at times, I pick on moony for his mirror and misc. psychobabble, but some of his ramblings hold a tad bit of truth. However, IMO, the truths often get lost in the presentation and delivery.;)

Hehe, Caddy's been polishing his BS to a fine honed shine. We may make a mirror out of him yet. But we'd better parse his words so we don't get led into the ditch:

It's one of these new "enlightened" ways of saying you want to be "different" and "individual". See this is what is called a projection, where you think others operate on what drives you. Caddy forgets I say we are all the same. Far from wanting to be different, I maintain we are, really ant truly are, the same. That means, hang on, you're as good as me. Now imagine that. Actually that good. Reminds me of some words that constantly go through my head I heard from Meher Baba: "I am the Divinely Beloved who loves you more than you can possibly ever love yourself. Relax and be happy." As to how it works? Well, nobody really knows - moony gets to set the rules for himself and I get to set them for myself also. See, now here Caddy just gets a bit lost and makes up some stuff. It's not that complicated. When we were little, we were truly who we are. But we were hated for that and so we compromised and conformed, under torture, naturally, why else. So we sold out our true selves for the phony, and the torture made us hate who we were. Really terrible to be that way, you know. You get tortured if you do, and called every evil name. So we became the phony sellout partisan Republicans that we are instead of the devil. Nice trade, no? It's just that I know what I love and hate(and the reasons why), whereas some are still confused or still in denial and by telling themselves they are somehow free of "labels" or "isms" it gives them a feeling of comfort and security. Hehe, Caddy doesn't remember so he only thinks he knows. He doesn't know that to remember means to die. If you could remember you would undo the trade. You would choose the real over the false. That's what happens when you suffer. You heal. I liken it to the fear of rejection - If you don't even try, you can't be rejected. It's a similar concept. When one doesn't try to know themselves or define themselves they won't see their own faults and failings and thus don't have to deal with them. The need to identify, to be a part, a member, to belong, is just the opposite side of the same coin, to fear rejection. But what we fail to realize, naturally because we can't remember, is that we were already rejected and already joined. Now, sometimes it can work in the opposite way - like trying to mask your "issues" by burying yourself in a group so as to lose your individuality. They seem to be polar opposites, but with a common "problem" driving them both - the fear of one's own short-comings and failures. Exactly so, but remember: You have no real shortcomings or failures; they were all lies you were sold. What makes them real is that you believe them to be true.

What disappears when you love yourself is identification. Both the need to be a part or different disappear. There is no longer any unconscious pressure to conform or to rebel. The truth is always some third way that integrates opposites in higher understanding.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Hehe, Caddy's been polishing his BS to a fine honed shine. We may make a mirror out of him yet. But we'd better parse his words so we don't get led into the ditch:

Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
It's one of these new "enlightened" ways of saying you want to be "different" and "individual".
See this is what is called a projection, where you think others operate on what drives you. Caddy forgets I say we are all the same. Far from wanting to be different, I maintain we are, really ant truly are, the same. That means, hang on, you're as good as me. Now imagine that. Actually that good. Reminds me of some words that constantly go through my head I heard from Meher Baba: "I am the Divinely Beloved who loves you more than you can possibly ever love yourself. Relax and be happy."
As to how it works? Well, nobody really knows - moony gets to set the rules for himself and I get to set them for myself also.
See, now here Caddy just gets a bit lost and makes up some stuff. It's not that complicated. When we were little, we were truly who we are. But we were hated for that and so we compromised and conformed, under torture, naturally, why else. So we sold out our true selves for the phony, and the torture made us hate who we were. Really terrible to be that way, you know. You get tortured if you do, and called every evil name. So we became the phony sellout partisan Republicans that we are instead of the devil. Nice trade, no?
It's just that I know what I love and hate(and the reasons why), whereas some are still confused or still in denial and by telling themselves they are somehow free of "labels" or "isms" it gives them a feeling of comfort and security.
Hehe, Caddy doesn't remember so he only thinks he knows. He doesn't know that to remember means to die. If you could remember you would undo the trade. You would choose the real over the false. That's what happens when you suffer. You heal.
I liken it to the fear of rejection - If you don't even try, you can't be rejected. It's a similar concept. When one doesn't try to know themselves or define themselves they won't see their own faults and failings and thus don't have to deal with them.
The need to identify, to be a part, a member, to belong, is just the opposite side of the same coin, to fear rejection. But what we fail to realize, naturally because we can't remember, is that we were already rejected and already joined.
Now, sometimes it can work in the opposite way - like trying to mask your "issues" by burying yourself in a group so as to lose your individuality. They seem to be polar opposites, but with a common "problem" driving them both - the fear of one's own short-comings and failures.
Exactly so, but remember: You have no real shortcomings or failures; they were all lies you were sold. What makes them real is that you believe them to be true.

What disappears when you love yourself is identification. Both the need to be a part or different disappear. There is no longer any unconscious pressure to conform or to rebel. The truth is always some third way that integrates opposites in higher understanding.

Ah - now we can read it;)

-First off - it was not purely projection, it was sarcasm;) and yes it is a struggle for a so-called "individualism". People seem to want it and strive for it but like you said(and part of my point) we actually ARE the same.

-Next - Yes we do set our own "rules" for our "identifying" with a party or "ism". It isn't an all or nothing thing...you know...black/white;) Identifying one's self with a party or ism isn't any more or less than you make it. I identify myself as a Republican - why? - because my Morals, Ideals, and Principles (MIPs) are held by that organization/group/ than any other one and I wish to have those MIPs represented. Hate doesn't always play a part in Political affiliation or "isms".

Third - Wow...that's all nice and good moony but it has nothing to do with what I said:p Infact I think my statement about trying to "free" ones self from "labels" or "isms" as being a way to "run away from themselves" was dead on. I'm surprised you don't agree since you are always yapping about fearing your inner self;)

fourth- so we kind of agree.:) One problem - 2 opposite reactions to it. Now as to your "we were already rejected and already joined" comment - I agree, although I doubt we are interpreting it the same way;)(although I hope we are:))

Fifth - wow another agreement(in part)?:D;) - Your assertion that there are no failures or short-comings - I somewhat agree, but not entirely. You can fail yourself by being untrue to what you believe...but ofcourse you have to believe in something first...which is why I can understand someone saying something such as you did. If there are no beliefs there are no failures...but to pretend you believe in nothing so as to keep yourself from "failure" - is to lose before you begin. Failure isn't necessarily "bad". Failure can often be a good thing and can teach a great many lessons in life. Learning from our "failures" is what can sometimes be more important than what we failed to get/accomplish/do.

Now as to your closing comments - To love one's self does not preclude one from identification or association, because we are loving/feeling/caring beings. We have a need to associate to love ourselves - it who we are as humans. Humans are not perfect beings and we will not know true love until we depart.

CkG

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Let me get this straight. Illinois state law requires the ballot to be certified in August. The Republican party, knowing they must meet the Illinois deadline, chose instead to push their convention date back to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy. Now they're shocked they are expected to follow the same rules as everyone else, and the YABAs are bleating this is somehow the Democrats' fault.

Riiiight.

Sounds like the Republicans screwed up. If the Republican leadership had any integrity, they would admit they blew it and politely beg Illinois to bail them out. Of course that requires personal accountabilty, a character trait Republicans expect from others ... but not from themselves.

maybe the republicans can do like the democrats and simply get a ruling saying the law does not matter, such as what the dems did in NJ.

i do not think the dems are really worried about elections, they have the judges in place to rule through a judicial oligarhy, which is exactly what they are doing. what the people vote for does not matter, what laws are made does not matter either. a simple judicial ruling is all that is needed.

that is until the 4th part of the checks and balances system(the armed populace) comes into play and puts a stop to it.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

Riiiight.

maybe the republicans can do like the democrats and simply get a ruling saying the law does not matter, such as what the dems did in NJ.

i do not think the dems are really worried about elections, they have the judges in place to rule through a judicial oligarhy, which is exactly what they are doing. what the people vote for does not matter, what laws are made does not matter either. a simple judicial ruling is all that is needed.

that is until the 4th part of the checks and balances system(the armed populace) comes into play and puts a stop to it.

Riiiiight. We saw how the Dems had the Supreme Coup in their pocket in the 2000 selection.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Ldir
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

Riiiight.

Riiiiight. We saw how the Dems had the Supreme Coup in their pocket in the 2000 selection.

they tried though! the dems lost and it's been 3 years now, quit crying already. *hand the dems a hanky* rest assured as soon as the dems appoint who they want, they will get what they want just as in the lower courts.