Two swans ready for release

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Swans....murdered....:confused:

I dont know how horrible a person would have to be to kill a couple of swans, or any animal for that matter, but....

Some idiot(s) killed a couple swans, and this is supposed to be pressing news. Sorry.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor
I'm not saying it's something I endorse, as it is wrong since they were going to be released into the wild and obviously the kills were for purposes other than the typical hunt, but it's not something I am going to get worked up over. If it was two dogs, I'd be pissed.

Why?

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Usually killing defenseless animals is a first step to killing people for a sociopath killer. I would say finding this person is important.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: KB
Usually killing defenseless animals is a first step to killing people for a sociopath killer. I would say finding this person is important.

You have never been attacked by a swan before. They are not defenseless nor passive.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Yes, aimlessly killing innocent animals is a sickening and senseless act, but it?s hardly breaking news or thread worthy. That's where I'm coming from.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: RichUK
Yes, aimlessly killing innocent animals is a sickening senseless act, but it?s hardly breaking news or thread worthy. That's where I'm coming from.

Unless of course it's a kid killing a duck with a pencil. Then it's thread-worthy (and I don't feel like searching for it).

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yes, aimlessly killing innocent animals is a sickening and senseless act, but it?s hardly breaking news or thread worthy. That's where I'm coming from.

Then don't open the thread.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: xboxist
Originally posted by: LoKe
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Trumpeter Swans are endangered.

Hinterland's Who's Who says the trumpeter swan has made a remarkable comeback since 1933 when it was in danger of extinction with only 77 breeding adults in the wild in Canada and 50 in the United States.

Now, there are an estimated 16,000 trumpeter swans in North America and they are no longer in danger or at risk.

In that case, who cares? :confused:

Because it's a douchebag thing to do and would be nice if the person responsible had their hands chopped off?

Would you think the same thing if they killed a pigeon?

Originally posted by: KB

Actually, usually being born is the first step, followed by being an outcast in school.

We should find everyone who matches these descriptions, and put them in jail!:Q

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

If I could accurately anticipate the contents of a thread, then perhaps I wouldn?t have.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

If I could accurately anticipate the contents of a thread, then perhaps I wouldn?t have.

The title of the thread should suffice.

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: dainthomas
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Syrch
so what is animal "murder" called?

Um, killed? Snuffed out? Slayed? Dispatched?

pwned

Not pwned, you dimwit. Jules only looked at the first definition of the word murder.

Maybe he was suggesting the term "pwned" as a definition of "murder" for animals....ever think about it like that?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five

pwned

Not pwned, you dimwit. Jules only looked at the first definition of the word murder.

Maybe he was suggesting the term "pwned" as a definition of "murder" for animals....ever think about it like that?

yeah, i think that is what he meant

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005

The title of the thread should suffice.

Sorry, but that?s a weak counterargument.

The topic title and topic summary are akin to sales pitches, they?re there to catch the interest of a potential reader of your thread ? whether it does or not is to be seen. When one has an interest to read the contents of a given thread, one then seeks a smidgen of substance or body to the story within.

In this case being a publicised article it had both, but IMO, as I?ve already said, it wasn?t thread worthy.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
This story would of been much more interesting if Britney Spears did it.

But alas....two rats with wings died.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

pwned

Umm...no, the SWANS were pwned.

That is possibly more stupid than what I originally thought you meant.