Two dead in apparent street racing crash...UPDATE

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Too bad, but that was idiotic
No kidding. A Cavalier racing an Explorer? That's just stupid.

Saddest thing is, the Explorer is probably faster.

People need to learn to stop drag racing in the streets. They'll keep thinking "nothing bad will ever happen to me"...blah blah...the only way they'll learn is when something bad happens to them.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello

People need to learn to stop drag racing in the streets. They'll keep thinking "nothing bad will ever happen to me"...blah blah...the only way they'll learn is when something bad happens to them.
I don't feel that bad for them neccessarily. I feel bad for the innocent people they kill when they screw up. If you wanna risk your neck, that's fine by me. Just don't risk other people's lives.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

Most teenagers (including myself, when I was a teen) think they are basically indestructible... You are absolutely right when you say "It won't happen to me".

I guess it's all part of being immature. As you get just a little older (I'm only 35), you realize how fragile life really is.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Seriously, a Cavalier and Explorer? Sucks that they died, but they probably stopped a stupid accident with an innocent person in the future.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
I remember driving along a local two lane highway at over 100mph, windows down, headlights turned off so the fuzz couldnt see...now i look back on it, its seems so foolish. And this was just 2 months ago.

And thing was, even though i was in a slow car, I would win most races...since I'd go 80-90mph in the opposite lane of traffic to get ahead, or that time I went against a maxima, and nearly killed a pedistrian cause i couldn't pass the maxima so i went into the turning lane to go by.

I've calmed down quite a bit since then.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: freebee
I remember driving along a local two lane highway at over 100mph, windows down, headlights turned off so the fuzz couldnt see...now i look back on it, its seems so foolish. And this was just 2 months ago.

And thing was, even though i was in a slow car, I would win most races...since I'd go 80-90mph in the opposite lane of traffic to get ahead, or that time I went against a maxima, and nearly killed a pedistrian cause i couldn't pass the maxima so i went into the turning lane to go by.

:|

That's just fvcking stupid. I hope calmed down quite a bit means no longer a menace to society

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: freebee

:|

That's just fvcking stupid. I hope calmed down quite a bit means no longer a menace to society

Nah. I call BS.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
I'm the guy that hit two parked cars while saving milkshakes remember?....yeah, i wasn't very alert back then. Did all kinds of crazy stuff.

Funny thing, I almost drive my car off a ledge at hunter mountain....any NY skiers....as you make the left (onto the little bridge) to go in to hunter mountain, that rock pile that was re-arranged last year...saved me from going over. I tried making that turn at 45 mph....tight little thing, couldn't kick the back end out, understeered and plowed right into it.

HEMIFREAK

Aug 25, 2001

I don't feel that bad for them neccessarily. I feel bad for the innocent people they kill when they screw up. If you wanna risk your neck, that's fine by me. Just don't risk other people's lives.