TV spin off from the John Wick movies: The Continental

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

It'll appear after John Wick 4 hits theaters in May 2021.
So maybe Fall 2021.

i dont know. i have a bad feeling about this.

I had such high hopes for Blacklist's spin off 'Blacklist: Redemption' and that was pretty bad.
Also Geico's Caveman character that was spun off into a TV show.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Also Geico's Caveman character that was spun off into a TV show.

Oh, come on. You didn't have any hope that show was going to be GOOD, did you? GEICO didn't limit those commercial spots to 30 seconds just to save money... it's also the tipping point where the caveman joke starts getting old.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Any "The Continental" without Christopher Walken is no true "The Continental."

Also, John Wick 3 was pretty terrible, so that really should have died then. This is just going to get worse.

Reactions: mikeymikec

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Oh, come on. You didn't have any hope that show was going to be GOOD, did you? GEICO didn't limit those commercial spots to 30 seconds just to save money... it's also the tipping point where the caveman joke starts getting old.

30 seconds is also the point where Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, Kristen Stewart, Pauly Shore and Russell Brand start getting old, but somehow people put them in movies that ran 90 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: JEDI

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Bottom line? MOST TV/streaming series AND the majority of movies are straight-up bad and not worth the time it takes to watch them due to the mentality of the "target" audience.

Televisions used to called the "Idiot-Box" for a good reason. :confused:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
update:

originally, it was supposed to star the chars from the John Wick movies with John Wick making cameo appearances.

Then it was a prequel with young Winston and explore real world events like the rise of the Mafia.

Now it's sold to Peacock network.

what a mess...