Turning a PPT slide show into a DVD - how?

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
I've been doing a project over the past few years where I take some digital pics and create a slide show for a group of kids in school. In the past we've taken this and converted it over to VHS tape then offered it at cost to parents as a keepsake. For various and assorted reasons this is less than desirable because I always to the development at 1280x960 or higher, then the resulting cropping that takes place in order to get it to NTSC format stinks.

This year I want to make a DVD master and send that out for duplication. The advantages would be at least partially avoiding the cropping effect and a better keepsake over time.

Can anyone provide some insight as to how this might be accomplished in the most effective manner? What software might I need? Would any of this be available with say a Sony DVD burner?

Thanks in advance!

I tried this over in the software forum but nobody there seems to have any idea. Anyone here know?

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
You don't need the powerpoint program in order to run the .ppt file. There's a utility you can get from MS (unfortunately forgot what it's called :( ) that can initiate the presentation for you. So you should be able to run it directly from the dvdrom. Too bad I forgot what it's called, sorry :(

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
Hey thanks! Can anyone else provide further insight into this?

I know I could go through and save each frame as a graphic then use an NLVE program to get the frames synced to the CD tracks but then I loose the animation which is a big part of the appeal.

Anyone? ....please....?!

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
Hey thanks for the link, but the Office version I am running has that app embedded. They call it Pack-N-Go and it is a first run install by default with Office.

That isn't really what I am after.

What I need is the software that will allow me to turn this Powerpoint show into a DVD playable on any standard DVD player. My trouble is, I don't know enough about what I need here to really be able to ask the right questions.

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
WOW!! THANK YOU! I am going to give that a shot! It is exactly the kind of utility I was looking for.

Good thing I upgraded to the 120gig HDD as a 20 minute avi, is going to be on the largish size.