TURN ON CBS NOW!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Mill
Originally posted by: Shlong
Originally posted by: KLin
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
Wow. Kentucky's out, Auburn advances. Good for Auburn.

It's not Auburn, it's UAB, aka University of Alabama at Birmingham.

That's why I love the NCAA Tournament. No name underdog's taking out the big schools.

I go to UAB. They aren't a no name. They've made it to the NCAAs and NIT a good bit. They are Division I in every sport, and we have an enrollment of about 16k. We are not huge like other state schools, but we aren't much smaller than Auburn or Alabama. I've said to numerous people this week that UAB can play with anyone in the nation.

Well people around the nation know Alabama & Auburn, but unless your a basketball expert you most likely haven't heard of UAB. What conference is UAB in?

Well, I'm an Auburn fan, but I go to UAB. However, I'll cheer for UAB if they play. UAB is CUSA.

I'll be rooting for your team the rest of the way since Maryland is out.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: KLin
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
Wow. Kentucky's out, Auburn advances. Good for Auburn.

It's not Auburn, it's UAB, aka University of Alabama at Birmingham.

That's why I love the NCAA Tournament. No name underdog's taking out the big schools.

I go to UAB. They aren't a no name. They've made it to the NCAAs and NIT a good bit. They are Division I in every sport, and we have an enrollment of about 16k. We are not huge like other state schools, but we aren't much smaller than Auburn or Alabama. I've said to numerous people this week that UAB can play with anyone in the nation.

Well people around the nation know Alabama & Auburn, but unless your a basketball expert you most likely haven't heard of UAB. What conference is UAB in?

Well, I'm an Auburn fan, but I go to UAB. However, I'll cheer for UAB if they play. UAB is CUSA.

I'll be rooting for your team the rest of the way since Maryland is out.

Hey, we need all the fans we can get.

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
I'll be cheering for UAB next week as well. UAB's coach is rumored to be the #1 choice at Auburn so I am glad to see hhe and his team having a great run.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: ErmanC
Anyone want Tubby Smith? Two years and 2 losses in the second round. The guy can't win outside the SEC. I say we ditch him.

~ and yes I am a disgruntled UK fan.

Arkansas will take him...Stan Heath is terrible :(

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: blakeatwork
WTH are you guys yammering about???

There's this game called basketball that colleges play. Well, right now they're playing this tournament. Whoever wins this tournament is then crowned the national champion. And they're all in TV, so everyone who wants to watch, can. Pretty cool eh?