Turbo Charged Hayabusa

Ladiesnhan

Jun 16, 2004
Has anyone see a video with a Silver Turbo Charged Hayabusa? It's the one where before they drive they go and pump gas in it. I've been looking all over the net today and have not been successful at finding it. Was hoping someone on here had it in there archives or knows where I could find it.

Mnementh

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy
a turbo charged hayabusa!? wtf thats nuts.

If it's the one I've heard about they're claiming nearly 380bhp at the rear wheel, that's just mental for a bike, not to mention you're gonna need new tyres every couple of hundred miles heh. I would love to see the video though :)

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
I have seen that video before. Its crazy how fast the guy goes. He goes from like 100 to 200 like its nothing. I want to re-download the video again as well, so I hope someone here can find it

xXped0thugXx

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
I have one of a twin turbo busa.(Yellow IIRC) and another one of a bike doing a wheel stand from like 60-140 before topping out at over 230mph.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Mnementh

If it's the one I've heard about they're claiming nearly 380bhp at the rear wheel, that's just mental for a bike, not to mention you're gonna need new tyres every couple of hundred miles heh. I would love to see the video though :)

If they are, indeed, getting 380 at the wheel, I have only one thing to say:
[James Earl Jones] Mother of God. [/James Earl Jones]

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I don't know if Hayabusa owners are natural liars, or if they just like to brag, but it seems as though every bike site I go to either has the owners touting their rwhp or how much boost they're pushing(it seems like half are boosted nowadays). Not that there's anything wrong with that I guess, they're very proud.
It's impressive though, I've seen some guys with near 600hp and there's currently big fights on some forums as to how much power it takes to run sub 7 second quarter miles and 260+mph. All on street legal bikes, btw. And guys who have(or rather pay for) that kind of power that can't run in the 8s are constantly slagged. :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Oh..wow.

i guess it would be fun to have..but i don't think i would be rideing it often.

Mnementh

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: RedRooster
I don't know if Hayabusa owners are natural liars, or if they just like to brag, but it seems as though every bike site I go to either has the owners touting their rwhp or how much boost they're pushing(it seems like half are boosted nowadays). Not that there's anything wrong with that I guess, they're very proud.
It's impressive though, I've seen some guys with near 600hp and there's currently big fights on some forums as to how much power it takes to run sub 7 second quarter miles and 260+mph. All on street legal bikes, btw. And guys who have(or rather pay for) that kind of power that can't run in the 8s are constantly slagged. :)

I've never heard of a street legal bike pushing out 600HP do you have any links? The highest I've heard about is just over 400BHP.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

I've never heard of a street legal bike pushing out 600HP do you have any links? The highest I've heard about is just over 400BHP.

There's lots of em around, here's a place in your neck of the woods even that does the tuning.
Link They do a 600hp kit too.
But buying the kit is lame. I know I've read lots of posts of guys building up their motors in their garage and dynoing high 500s and 600+ and posting proof in scans and videos.
I can't get a link for you at the moment, since I'm using work's heavily proxied slow internet, but they're out there. :) The Busa and 12R are the two of the most popular modern drag bikes at the moment, so there's bound to be a lot of highly tuned examples out there, maybe even at your own dragstrip. Who knows!

edit-Look at this, granted it's probably not street legal(I can't see pictures here at work), but the motor is capable. Guys put as much if not more money into swingarm bracing/lengthening, frame bracing and suspension when they build these things anyways, so that they can be ridden reliably on the street. They just turn the boost way down.

Buickbeast

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2003

Here is one:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=24018&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0