Question tuf gaming plus (wifi) and ryzen 7 3800

db1

Apr 9, 2021
I just put one tuf gaming plus (wifi) with the ryzen 7, 3800 and one 32GB module( on 3200 (as it should be))
in a corsair carbide (solid) casing (me, not a fan of bright light that is not from a monitor)

this thing does not even have a VGA port and I asumed it would only need it's on board HDMI connected to my monitor set
to work but here's my problem

I joined this forum to ask W.T.F. I have to do to get this system to display it's first living image
because right now it only has the aura lights doing pretty things (and those are the ones I don't want to see)

this is what it does from my view point:
after the full run I can follow with some red and yellow flashes that go to fast to see from where it stops at boot is green and VGA in full bright white

now I know it says it has a VGA problem but as I mentioned above there is no such connector on the board so , my mind goes 'what VGA?'
and therefor I came here

db1

Apr 9, 2021
well that fact now known to me okay,

but is there any way to activate the HDMI port on the main board? because otherwise what is the point of it being there.

BTW I want it to work with that port (type)
so if I need to have just a GPU (or a full card with port) please tell me of a few boards working for this system
and what they are called (in the hardware shops)

I'm not yet familiar with the PCIe type cards I just know they are there
so I don't know my way around that jungle yet

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
but is there any way to activate the HDMI port on the main board? because otherwise what is the point of it being there.
Only if you buy have a Ryzen APU as your CPU.
https://www.amd.com/en/processors/ryzen-with-graphics
You need just about any PCIe 3.0 x16 or newer GPU card (which all are pretty much unavailable due to mining (e.g. Bitcoin).
does the on board audio work? or does this need extra's too?
The onboard audio on a motherboard works as long as you connect speakers or headphones into the audio port. Nothing else is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtualLarry

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You do need to install the correct OS drivers, usually from the mobo mfg. MS will install default ones, but they almost never actually work correctly, IME.
Ever since Windows 10 first hit, it has always installed generic audio drivers for me, but for advanced features and options a person will need to install the audio driver from the motherboard manufacturer.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
well that fact now known to me okay,

BTW I want it to work with that port (type)
so if I need to have just a GPU (or a full card with port) please tell me of a few boards working for this system
and what they are called (in the hardware shops)

so I don't know my way around that jungle yet
Only Ryzen APU's have built in video.

If you aren't playing games and just need a basic video display, a GT 710 will work fine.

db1

Apr 9, 2021
I am playing games with it if it is ever going to start

( why else would I go for the gaming board? )

btw ignoring the answer that gives bitcoin as a reason for something being unavailable (or rather that part of it)
since I CAN NOT SEE THAT AS SERIOUS ,

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

btw ignoring the answer that gives bitcoin as a reason for something being unavailable
Really?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out (you're either trolling or should have read at least one article before attempting to build).

I was trying to be nice, but this is what I get. :mad:

db1

Apr 9, 2021
okay then have a good live this next century
delete my account you wont see me again
I was only saying that bitcoin is NO REASON for that

but if a mod says that than this is no forum

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
okay then have a good live this next century
delete my account you wont see me again
I was only saying that bitcoin is NO REASON for that

but if a mod says that than this is no forum
We'll miss you! :p

If you can use Google in your country, take a look at that little silly Bitcoin, and see that it has EVERY reason for GPUs to not be available right now.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

btw ignoring the answer that gives bitcoin as a reason for something being unavailable (or rather that part of it)

GPUs are in short supply and very expensive right now in part because people are buying them and paying a premium just so they can mine Ethereum and convert that into bitcoin and then convert that into money. There is also a global semiconductor shortage, tariffs and other forces causing an historic situation. Nobody is messing with you. It seems insane, but this is the situation.

You need a GPU and the cheapest card you can probably get is a GT1030, which should be a $60 card but will be more than $100 today. And it will not be a strong GPU for gaming.

I recommend a RTX 3070 which has an MSRP of $499 or a RTX 3080 which has an MSRP of $699. Now, go compare those prices I just typed out with what they go for on the market right now.

Good luck with your build.

Reactions: VirtualLarry