Tube Amps Help identify for AUNE T1

HICKFARM

Oct 6, 2014
So i bought some used amps and wondering if any will work in my AUNE T1 DAC. I have used a 6922, and 7308 that came with the DAC and work great.

Here is an imgur album of all the amps that have the same pinout and size of the AUNE tube amp.
http://imgur.com/a/5Lxoq

Pretty sure the RCA one won't work since it starts with a 12 and the first number most of the time refers to the voltage it takes. The title of each image is the markings on the amp itself.

I am going to keep researching and see if any of them are compatible. Any insight is appreciated.

The last picture in the album is all the random tube amps i bought for cheap.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
6922 is a E88CC is a 6N11. There are of course similar tubes, but most won't be compatible. A 6922 has a 6.3V and .3 Amp filament. If your filament isn't at least a little compatible, you won't be getting anywhere.

12BY7A = 12.6V filament, so nope.
6EA8 = 6.3V .45 Amp filament, but the problem is that the 6EA8 is a triode / pentode, while the 6922 is a double triode. So they are not compatible.
6AQ5 = Beam tetrode, and a different base, so nope.
6JH8 = Switching tube, so nope.
6BN8 = Double Diode Triode, so nope.
6CL6 = Pentode, so nope.
6JH8 = Same issue as the last one, it's a switching tube.
6EA8 = Same issue as the last one, triode / pentode.

None of the closeup pics show a tube that would be compatible. In all honesty, unless you get into eclectic sounding tubes and want to change the sound just because, the 7308 was pretty much the pinnacle of that series of double triode tubes that started with the E88CC / 6DJ8, progressed to the 6922, and was eventually succeeded and ended with the 7308. The 7308 runs hotter, but has better lifespan, and better microphonics vs pretty much all the tubes of that variety that came before it.