Trying to snag a domain

Jun 4, 2005
There's a domain that if expiring on the 30th of October after a 4 year lease. Is there some sort of buffer zone after it technically expires, allowing the previous owner to re-register it? Or can I grab it immediately after it expires?

Is there a service that will snatch it for me?

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
You won't get it. I want you to get it, but you won't :( There is a service, it kinda sucks. I think they have 2 weeks where their company will hold onto it for them.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: markgm
You won't get it. I want you to get it, but you won't :( There is a service, it kinda sucks. I think they have 2 weeks where their company will hold onto it for them.

I'm not worried about the original owned re-registering it, because I don't think they will. I just don't want some asshole to take it and do something stupid with it. I just want to know when I have to be ready to make the order. ;)

EDIT: Damn, +75 days after it says it expires? Wow.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe

I'm not worried about the original owned re-registering it, because I don't think they will. I just don't want some asshole to take it and do something stupid with it. I just want to know when I have to be ready to make the order. ;)

What's the domain name?

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang

What's the domain name?

;)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang

What's the domain name?

;)

www.winky.com?

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002

It can be anywhere from 40-75 days or so. If you really want it, your best bet it to use some backordering service such as pool.com or snapnames.com

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap

It can be anywhere from 40-75 days or so. If you really want it, your best bet it to use some backordering service such as pool.com or snapnames.com
Yep, it's been my experience that the chances of getting it without using a service is about zero.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Wow, I didn't think it'd be that expensive (potentially) to snag a domain. There's one I'd love to grab, just so I could change the content on the main page. (someone's personal site that makes it look like he's absolutely in love with himself.)