Trying a new beer tonight: Genesee Cream Ale

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Not too bad...This is the first time I've see it, or tried it. Anyone else a regular drinker of Genesee? :beer:

A little history on Genesee beer.

EDIT: Read the history. I've had Michael Shea's and Honey Brown. Both excellent brews. :beer:

emmpee

Golden Member
Nov 26, 2001
genesee honey brown is great cheap beer (cheap because I live in Rochester)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: emmpee
genesee honey brown is great cheap beer (cheap because I live in Rochester)

A lot of places down here in AZ have it cheap too. Good beer. Had no idea it was the same company as Genesee.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
yep, they are popular beers around here, but i am not a fan.
lovingly called "Genny" - Genny Light, Genny CreamAle and Genny Regular

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Genesee Cream Ale was a local brew when I lived in Kentucky, growing up there. I also had Little Kings and big mouth Mickie's. Not bad as American ales go, pale and a bit tangy. I remember having the nastiest tasting belches with that stuff. But then again, I was young.

For all that, I would have to say it was better than the local ale from Cincinnati. And good with salt & vinegar chips.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Genny Cream is one of the better "Cheap" beers. Preferable by far to Milwaukee's Best or any of Natural's offerings, but doesn't cost much more.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
Genny Cream is one of the better "Cheap" beers. Preferable by far to Milwaukee's Best or any of Natural's offerings, but doesn't cost much more.

Come to think of it, it was pretty cheap. :confused: It is no where near the same level as the beast or natty. It is a decent american ale though...that is pretty cheap.