Question Trustworthy GPU reviews (until AT resumes)?

Trajan

Aug 18, 2001
The last time I bought a GPU (RTX 2060) was 2019 back when AT was still doing GPU reviews, and AT has always been my go-to site. Obviously, GPU reviews haven't been happening here lately.

I read the thread from October and I'm not trying to re-open speculation as to when/if AT will resume GPU testing. I also assume there's no one else out there doing the detailed analysis that AT used to do.

But if I'm just looking for *trustworthy*/impartial benchmarks and buying advice, in an article format (not video...), any advice on good sites to look at while we wait for AT to resume GPU reviews? AT has always been my place for this, I don't have any back-ups!

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
AT has been lacking in other areas too. Like they didn't even get to cover the Alderlake U chips.

Techpowerup, Tomshardware, Techspot(Youtube: Hardware Unboxed) are my alternatives.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
For web articles, I still like TPU's tests. They also have tons of data history to compare to lots of other cards, new and old. Even if their game suite is perhaps biased towards the green team a bit.

For a combo of written and video reviews, Gamers nexus is hard to beat. Steve does his absolute best to be as unbiased as possible, even if it costs them money:

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
For web articles, I still like TPU's tests. They also have tons of data history to compare to lots of other cards, new and old. Even if their game suite is perhaps biased towards the green team a bit.

For a combo of written and video reviews, Gamers nexus is hard to beat. Steve does his absolute best to be as unbiased as possible, even if it costs them money:

Gamers Nexus is better at CPU reviews compared to GPU, IMO. Their GPU benchmark selection is rather lacking though they do a good job otherwise. Techpowerup I feel has actually gotten better in recent years. Hardware unboxed (techspot) probably has the most consistently large amount of games tested though I find their settings sometimes a little weird.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Gamers Nexus is better at CPU reviews compared to GPU, IMO. Their GPU benchmark selection is rather lacking though they do a good job otherwise. Techpowerup I feel has actually gotten better in recent years. Hardware unboxed (techspot) probably has the most consistently large amount of games tested though I find their settings sometimes a little weird.

For performance, GN is not as good as TPU. But GN has really good reviews on coolers and power consumption. And they tend to test a lot of different AIB cards.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
TPU tends to be my go to at this point.

Wizard isn't great with deep dives into arch like AT used to be (frankly no one has ever hit peak AT GPU deep dives IMO) but he does have a solid testing methodology, deep data sets, and a good grasp of statistical analysis (geometric means).

The conclusion portion does get a bit silly with the text sometimes contradicting the results and basically everyone wins an award cause he wants to keep getting free cards, but the data is hard to argue with regardless of the written conclusion.