Trumpanzee senators are asking Biden to order the withdrawal of the US from WHO.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The system has worked since the first cavemen figured out how to club each other, and seems to be going strong. Tribalism is so ingrained in us that I doubt we'll ever be rid of it. People just aren't happy without having someone to hate. Jews, Blacks, Irish, any one of the Asian races, some group, somewhere along the way, has singled them out as being inferior, or undesirable. Social position is another good reason to hate.
Bottom line is that people love to hate each other, and we're really good at manufacturing reasons to do it.
Tell you what, I'll stop hating conservatives when they stop trying to reduce human rights to a purchasable commodity. Let me know what conservatives want me to stop doing to make them stop that, and we'll talk. Make sure it's things that actually exist, not shit invented in their head.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The system has worked since the first cavemen figured out how to club each other, and seems to be going strong. Tribalism is so ingrained in us that I doubt we'll ever be rid of it. People just aren't happy without having someone to hate. Jews, Blacks, Irish, any one of the Asian races, some group, somewhere along the way, has singled them out as being inferior, or undesirable. Social position is another good reason to hate.
Bottom line is that people love to hate each other, and we're really good at manufacturing reasons to do it.

You seem very concerned.

How concerned are you about the intentional misinformation about the WHO and Biden being spread by virtually every right-wing outlet?

Last edited:

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
The problem with this story is that in reality more "cavemen" actually realized that working together is a more effective strategy than clubbing each other - hence civilization. Groups like the WHO are only as effective as the representatives sent and leaving such communal response groups is a sign of intellectual / moral weakness, not strength.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Tell you what, I'll stop hating conservatives when they stop trying to reduce human rights to a purchasable commodity. Let me know what conservatives want me to stop doing to make them stop that, and we'll talk. Make sure it's things that actually exist, not shit invented in their head.
You don't need to give me any criteria for changing your mind, it's not my issue. Nor do you need to express or justify your reasons. Hate whoever you want, it all smells the same.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
You don't need to give me any criteria for changing your mind, it's not my issue. Nor do you need to express or justify your reasons. Hate whoever you want, it all smells the same.
Shrug, then don't make weak attempts to point out people's fallacies if you have zero input into how to make it better. Keep your shit to yourself in that case.

Reactions: dank69 and iRONic

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Some are susceptible to this. Others are too lazy to overcome it. The Law is supposed to render it moot.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The entire Trump thing and Christian evangelicals still confuses me.

View attachment 61899
Then you'll probably be surprised to find out evangelicals get abortions at about the same rate as everyone else. There's been articles about how they rationalize theirs as necessary, and how they go full Karen on the providers while they're there because the providers are the evil ones.