Trump yet again credibly accused of rape

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'm going to go out on a limb here for a minute and give you some information you will consider to be madness. I am aware of things that are invisible to most people. I had an insight long ago that revealed the fundamental unity of things most people see as totally different. This happened when I died to a need for meaning. I was forced to see the truth of the very last thing I ever wanted to believe. I had to give up everything that was sacred to me.

The result was the collapse of self defense, the war I waged for the sacred came to an end. The struggle to be good in a world of evil ended. Those things do not exist. There is only the one thing left that can't be taken and it is the joy of being.

So, why do we sleep. Why are we at war with ideas that are meaningless. Why do we have faith, belief, and why do we defend. What is the deepest truth about ourselves we are so armored not to see?

Let me suggest it is that we hate ourselves, and that is is much easier to see that fact when the will to ego has come to an end. What is the issue with hating yourself if you have died to ego. It is just there and can be felt with work and dedication in say, psychotherapy.

So let's pretend that you know what I know to be the truth, that E Jean Caroll hates herself and doesn't know it. Actually, like myself and everybody else who has not uprooted all of this self have, she feels like the worst person in the world. And she was molested, what?, a couple of times before Trump. Do you know what people who hate themselves feel, and will not consciously allow themselves to know they feel when they are traumatized?

They feel it is their fault. And that is why sexual assault for anybody is so deeply traumatic. It is your very being that is told this is what you deserve and just how worthless you are. And how does Carroll handle her self image, how does she go on living, how does she hold up her head, protect her ego? She says she just goes on living not allowing the trauma to define her life and keep her from happiness. She is filled with ego pride, the self flattering knowledge that she is a survivor and to have turned in Trump then or now would reek havoc on her self image. Other women without her inner strength and emotional stability would be degraded by a cry of help from somebody with her life advantages. She suffers from a form of self contempt that can't admit her inner tragedy and the pity she deserves for the horror she went through. So keep in mind there are people beyond me who also see these kinds of things and what they may feel about somebody who can only see a desire to sell books. You may have missed something the absence of which may cause you to have no sympathy also for yourself. There only love and the state of separation from its source.
This could be a spot on description, or it could be she's looking to make a buck.
I have no problem believing that she had a fling with Trump, feeling bad about it is also understandable, but a rape accusation is extremely serious, and making that accusation years later at a time when it maximizes personal profit is suspect.
At the end of the day it probably doesn't really matter because like everything else, it will break across party lines.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This could be a spot on description, or it could be she's looking to make a buck.
I have no problem believing that she had a fling with Trump, feeling bad about it is also understandable, but a rape accusation is extremely serious, and making that accusation years later at a time when it maximizes personal profit is suspect.
At the end of the day it probably doesn't really matter because like everything else, it will break across party lines.

Again, how do you account for the fact that she told several people at the time the rape happened? Are they lying? If not, has she just been setting up this long con for the last quarter century? It doesn't make any logical sense.

Just look at what we know:

1) We have two people who say she told them of the attack when it happened.
2) Her story jibes with the stories told by like 16 other women who have been sexually assaulted to various degrees by Trump.
3) Trump's described behavior is broadly in line with what he admitted to on tape.
4) When confronted with this accusation Trump lied about never having met her.

On balance the evidence is strongly in favor of Trump's guilt. You'll never get a criminal conviction on it but if an objective person looks at the available evidence it's hard not to conclude it is substantially more likely he did it than he did not.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump has been getting away with this shit since the very first time he did it and even now as POTUS of all things. His wealth, celebrity status and now the office he holds has been providing cover for that very nasty habit of his.

That his wife and children did/does not openly object to it is one thing. That his supporters don't give even half a fvck about it whereas a black POTUS wearing a tan suit is an impeachable offense to them is thing two.

This, along with every other what would be considered crippling disqualifying personality disorders for a janitor applying for a gov't position is such an amazing thing to witness.

If only Trump's supporters were as forgiving to Obama as they are to Trump.

Wait, did I just say that? WTF is wrong with me? Not much to forgive for Obama so....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What about that outrageous tan suit?!?
And cavorting with the likes of Usain Bolt. Shameful...
maxresdefault.jpg

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I understand your position but would change one thing. I would not say “is suspect” but rather “creates the certainty that specific suspicion to will arise in people who harbor such suspicions generally”.

Another of the behaviors I note within myself as a result of my awareness of self hate, is that I was born naive and trusting and not suspicious of much of anything. What was beaten into me, owing to the abnormal conditions of my parents life, was to hold that natural trusting attitude in contempt. And that same abnormality of life that we all live in confirmed the wisdom of it. There is much in the world to distrust.

I think in my case such a good job was done that I eventually threw away all the things I was taught are sacred owing to the suspicion and the pain wrenching confirmation they too were all bull shit.

But, you see, I wasn’t supposed to do that. Those sacred cows that I rejected were what remained of that naive child, the things I was supposed to turn to for certainty and security. I wasn’t supposed to guestion those as just more lies. And that is why in every sacred cow state of delusion altered reality, there arises a bogeyman, the sower of lies and deception, the Satanic purveyor of evil thought. In order not to be deceived you must never wander far from your mental prison. You must turn a deaf ear to deceivers, those who bear false witness to the sacred. And this is a virtue when the real intention is to deceive. It can be a danger when that reaction becomes simply reflexive.

This is why I think your valid suspicion that the motive is money becomes irrelevant in the face of the totality of the data. The truth of her charge makes logical sense whether or not it is influenced by money. The truth is what matters not whether she makes a buck off of it. That’s just a perk if so.

You are using suspicion of motive, a high moral value attitude we both hold, I think, to rigorously in this case. There is, first the job of holding high moral standards like opposition to false witness, but then there is the issue of applying the values properly.

Nov 25, 2013

Jean Carroll
Jill Harth
Ivana Trump
Kristen Anderson
Lisa Boyne
Temple Taggart
Mariah Billado
Cathy Heller
Karena Virginia
Brigit Sullivan
Tasha Dixon
Natasha Stoynoff
Rachel Crooks
Mindy McGillivray
Jennifer Murphy
Jessica Drake
Ninni Laaksonen
Summer Zervos
Cassandra Searles
Alva Johnson
Juliet Huddy
Jessica Leeds

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Strongman Trump has been recorded, saying that he has sexually assaulted women and gets away with it because he's rich and famous.

Right-wing authoritarians, whose minds have been poisoned by right-wing authoritarian propaganda for the past 40+ years, have to come and say that Strongman Trump isn't a rapist, even though he has admitted, on record, that he is.

Right-wing authoritarian Strongman Trump Supporters: True Cucks.

Congrats, scumbags!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I understand your position but would change one thing. I would not say “is suspect” but rather “creates the certainty that specific suspicion to will arise in people who harbor such suspicions generally”.

Another of the behaviors I note within myself as a result of my awareness of self hate, is that I was born naive and trusting and not suspicious of much of anything. What was beaten into me, owing to the abnormal conditions of my parents life, was to hold that natural trusting attitude in contempt. And that same abnormality of life that we all live in confirmed the wisdom of it. There is much in the world to distrust.

I think in my case such a good job was done that I eventually threw away all the things I was taught are sacred owing to the suspicion and the pain wrenching confirmation they too were all bull shit.

But, you see, I wasn’t supposed to do that. Those sacred cows that I rejected were what remained of that naive child, the things I was supposed to turn to for certainty and security. I wasn’t supposed to guestion those as just more lies. And that is why in every sacred cow state of delusion altered reality, there arises a bogeyman, the sower of lies and deception, the Satanic purveyor of evil thought. In order not to be deceived you must never wander far from your mental prison. You must turn a deaf ear to deceivers, those who bear false witness to the sacred. And this is a virtue when the real intention is to deceive. It can be a danger when that reaction becomes simply reflexive.

This is why I think your valid suspicion that the motive is money becomes irrelevant in the face of the totality of the data. The truth of her charge makes logical sense whether or not it is influenced by money. The truth is what matters not whether she makes a buck off of it. That’s just a perk if so.

You are using suspicion of motive, a high moral value attitude we both hold, I think, to rigorously in this case. There is, first the job of holding high moral standards like opposition to false witness, but then there is the issue of applying the values properly.
From William Blake's Augeries of Innocence:

He who shall teach the Child to Doubt. The rotting Grave shall neer get out.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Right-wing authoritarians, whose minds have been poisoned by right-wing authoritarian propaganda for the past 40+ years, have to come and say that Strongman Trump isn't a rapist, even though he has admitted, on record, that he is.

Right-wing authoritarian Strongman Trump Supporters: True Cucks. Congrats, scumbags!
When it comes to sell-outs, they take the cake!

Reactions: nickqt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This rape accusation is not getting the coverage it deserves. Joe Biden touching women's shoulders is being treated as a far greater scandal.

That's the danger with this guy. Morality and behavior standards have been set so low for Trump anything goes.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The telling thing is you are incapable of believing Trump is capable of doing the exact thing he admitted on tape. Unwanted sexual assault. What in his character make you think he could not have done it??

We don't don't know for sure if Trump raped her but on the scale of plausibility it rates a 10.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The telling thing is you are incapable of believing Trump is capable of doing the exact thing he admitted on tape. Unwanted sexual assault. What in his character make you think he could not have done it??

We don't don't know for sure if Trump raped her but on the scale of plausibility it rates a 10.
Pussy grabbing, while an assault, doesn't rise to the level of rape.
Serious question. Have any come forward with claims of a fondled vagina? I haven't herd of any, but I spend a great deal of time under a very large rock.

Reactions: Xcobra

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Serious question. Have any come forward with claims of a fondled vagina? I haven't herd of any, but I spend a great deal of time under a very large rock.

Yes. This the fucking problem (the bolded). Yes he's been accused as such things, long before he ran for president, long before the Hollywood Access tapes were made public knowledge, and hell long before those tapes were even recorded. You don't even have to get past accuser 2 to see this. Jesus fuck dude, civic duty...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The question is knowing Trump is her story plausible? I say definitely.

BTW - Is it you claim if women don't come forward it never happened?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The US is a piece of work. What other nation's head of state is a serial rapist?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I find it almost impossible to believe that if you took the average rape suspect and found a tape with them bragging about sexually assaulting women that people would find ‘well he only said he sexually assaults them so that’s not indicative that he would rape them’ to be a compelling defense.

Both are sex crimes and, more importantly, both are sex crimes of the type where the assailant uses force to sexually gratify themselves. I know it may be unpleasant to acknowledge that the president is a serial sex criminal but any honest appraisal of the evidence would find that to be the most likely answer. The only question now is what conservatives, the people who claim the mantle of traditional morality, are going to do about it. It appears the answer is nothing.

The one positive to come out of the Trump years is the total demolition of any claim to the mantle of moral values by conservatives.

Reactions: HomerJS

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The question is knowing Trump is her story plausible? I say definitely.

BTW - Is it you claim if women don't come forward it never happened?
I would say there is no evidence that it ever happened.

I understand a woman not wanting to come forward after a sexual assault. It's often a he said she said crime that can't be proven. I also totally understand how the me too movement can inspire some of those women to tell their stories, Cosby being the poster child for that. Where it all falls apart for me is when stepping forward just happens to coincide with a new book, or is a last ditch effort to nix a career. In other words I don't trust claims with an enormous monetary link or conditions that make them appear weaponized.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would say there is no evidence that it ever happened.

I understand a woman not wanting to come forward after a sexual assault. It's often a he said she said crime that can't be proven. I also totally understand how the me too movement can inspire some of those women to tell their stories, Cosby being the poster child for that. Where it all falls apart for me is when stepping forward just happens to coincide with a new book, or is a last ditch effort to nix a career. In other words I don't trust claims with an enormous monetary link or conditions that make them appear weaponized.

I've asked you at least twice and you have not answered to the best of my knowledge:

If what you are saying is true then why do two other people say that she told them about this assault at the time it happened? Are they lying? Is this a multi-decade conspiracy to sell books? What? If you can't explain this then your theory falls apart.