Trump would take foreign help in election and not tell FBI: "They have information. I think I'd take it"

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Btw, didn't Bezos' investigator say it was likely the Saudis? They must have gotten hacking capability from Israel. They'll join in as well. Not just Putin.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Another "Russia if you're listening"....

With a bigger helping of "Yes, I would indeed intentionally commit a specific crime and not tell authorities". He could at least, implausibly, say he was joking with the "Russia if you're listening" but this is a stone faced admission that he would break election law given the opportunity.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Another "Russia if you're listening"....
Exactly. A public wink and nod to Putin to steal anything he can or hack any voting systems and there will be no consequences

I sure hope the CIA and FBI are setting traps for Russia. If they are caught Trump becomes an accessory to the crime.

If I were the Dems I would volunteer with all our intelligence agencies and help set these traps for foreign interference.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Exactly. A public wink and nod to Putin to steal anything he can or hack any voting systems and there will be no consequences

I sure hope the CIA and FBI are setting traps for Russia. If they are caught Trump becomes an accessory to the crime.

If I were the Dems I would volunteer with all our intelligence agencies and help set these traps for foreign interference.

impeachment inquiry and THIS needs to be done.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So now he’s openly saying he will commit crimes in the next election and not notify the FBI of foreign attacks on our elections.

The country is in desperate need of Republicans to protect it against this criminal. Democrats can’t do everything by themselves.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
If Mueller was too spineless (and still likely is), then I expect the vast majority of the others will be no better no matter how obvious this country is careening towards authoritarianism. Oh... just in... Wray has no comment. Go figure.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
He isn't in this for America, this is all about him. Whatever it takes to win, he will do it. Lying, cheating, bullying and stealing are the tools he has used to get where he is in life. He has lived off of the $$$ of others all of his life, invariably screwing people over via his bullshit product or by refusing to pay for services rendered. He is unfit for the Presidency and unfit for public service because he is incapable of thinking of others, everything he does is to further his popularity with his base and bring home the Benjamins to him and his family. Everyone else is the enemy to him and it gives him extreme pleasure to shit all over the people who don't like him, further ingratiating him with his base. He is pig ignorant but much like a pig that can find truffles, this pig finds ways to rip people off and screw them over.

It's no surprise that he would accept foreign help in winning the Presidency again. This would be his second time doing so.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Reactions: dank69

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Someone in his administration will be along soon to explain to us that we shouldn't pay attention to what he says, but what he does.. uhh err... scratch that. They will explain to us what he really meant at any rate.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
From the article:

"Somebody comes up and says, ‘hey, I have information on your opponent,' do you call the FBI?" Trump responded. "I'll tell you what, I've seen a lot of things over my life. I don't think in my whole life I've ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don't call the FBI. You throw somebody out of your office, you do whatever you do," Trump continued. "Oh, give me a break – life doesn't work that way."

"The FBI director said that is what should happen," Stephanopoulos replied, referring to comments FBI Director Christopher Wray made during congressional testimony last month, when he told lawmakers "the FBI would want to know about" any foreign election meddling.

But on Wednesday, the president refuted Wray's sentiment.

"The FBI director is wrong, because frankly it doesn't happen like that in life," Trump said. "Now maybe it will start happening, maybe today you'd think differently."

How in the fuck can you deny collaborating with the Russians in the last election and then say you would accept their assistance in the next one? Felonious D is as guilty as fuck for accepting Russian assistance, there's no two ways about it.

He's a criminal and needs to be removed from office. Yesterday.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Good luck! The one lesson Republicans learned from Nixon is that if the party is united you can do whatever the fuck you like, laws be damned.

You've got an unaccountable president openly violating the emoluments clause and obstructing justice and a senate majority leader who is using his and his wife's position for corrupt purposes as well as house members using their powers help a corrupt president and to hurt political opponents. Meanwhile at the state level you have Republicans doing everything in the power to rig elections in order to maintain power.

If someone who knows history better than I do can show me a more corrupt party in our history I'd be interested in it and how it was removed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
When is the House going to grow a spine and start arresting motherfuckers for ignoring subpoenas?? They have that power under the constitution

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If Mueller was too spineless (and still likely is), then I expect the vast majority of the others will be no better no matter how obvious this country is careening towards authoritarianism. Oh... just in... Wray has no comment. Go figure.

Yeh, blame everybody but Trump for Trump. There's plenty of slime for Mueller & Wray, right? And you're gonna give it to 'em, too.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But what if hypothetically it was Trump who said that and then violated the law? If he did should it really be illegal for him?

Wouldn’t anyone who tried to hold him accountable really be a partisan hack loser?

So what I’m really trying to say is: aren’t laws, ethics and competence really only for liberals?

Well considering according to Trump and plenty of other people the president can’t be indicted so this means he can in fact break the law all he wants to help himself get re-elected. So long as he wins he will face no consequences for it either. If his opponent takes identical actions however they can be prosecuted for a felony.

This is yet another reason why saying the president can’t be indicted is an absurdity.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I liked the original version better:

9781783341290.jpg