Trump White House/Cabinet appointments

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
thought it might be worth making a thread to lump them all together... bolded posts are ones which require Senate confirmation.

currently we've got:

White House/Other:
Chief of Staff: Reince Preibus, former RNC Chairman
Senior Counselor to the President: Steven Bannon, former Breitbart News CEO
National Security Adviser: Mike Flynn, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency
CIA Director: Mike Pompeo, Congressman from Kansas
UN Ambassador: Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina
EPA Administrator: Scott Pruitt, Attorney General from Oklahoma
SBA Administrator: Linda McMahon, Trump friend and lifestyle donor

Cabinet:
Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil
Secretary of the Treasury:
Steve Mnuchin, former Goldman Sachs exec
Secretary of Defense: James Mattis, retired General and former chief of U.S. Central Command
Attorney General: Jeff Sessions, Senator from Alabama
Secretary of the Interior: Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Congressman from Washington
Secretary of Agriculture:
Secretary of Commerce:
Wilbur Ross, 'King of Bankruptcy'
Secretary of Labor: Andrew Puzder, fast food executive
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tom Price, Congressman from Georgia, Chairman of the House Budget Committee
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon
Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao, former Secretary of Labor under GWB, wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Secretary of Energy: Rick Perry, formed Governor of Texas
Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos, rich lady / charter school advocate
Secretary of Veterans Affairs:
Secretary of Homeland Security:
John Kelly, retired General and former head of U.S. Southern Command

going to stick to nothing but appointments in the OP, and news/articles in comments below.

Last edited:
Reactions: PokerGuy

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Not a bad idea for a thread to pull it all together. Things are very fluid now and there's a lot of speculation on all sorts of appointments. Good to have one "confirmed" place to see what the actual appointments are and to discuss speculation on others.

Feb 16, 2005
are these locks or do they have to go through an approval process? I'm looking at you jeff sessions, you racist fuckwit. Pretty sure the prez can appoint anyone he wants for senior counselor, so yay, bannon... an unapologetic racist/misogynistic asshole.

This cabinet looks like something a late nigh host would put together as a gag. mawa....
holy fvck...
Pompeo opposes the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions, and supports eliminating the Environmental Protection Agency's greenhouse gas registry program.[16] He signed the Americans for Prosperity's No Climate Tax pledge.[17] He has called for the elimination of Wind power production tax credits, calling them an "enormous government handout".[18]

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
new Attorney General Jeff Sessions is actually one of the few men to be rejected by the Senate Judiciary Committee when Ronald Reagan attempted to appoint him to a judgeship, citing his racist past (https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ff-sessions-arlen-specter-judiciary-committee)

Ted Kennedy said this about him: "inconceivable … that a person of this attitude is qualified to be a US attorney, let alone a United States federal judge."

Feb 16, 2005
new Attorney General Jeff Sessions is actually one of the few men to be rejected by the Senate Judiciary Committee when Ronald Reagan attempted to appoint him to a judgeship, citing his racist past (https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ff-sessions-arlen-specter-judiciary-committee)

Ted Kennedy said this about him: "inconceivable … that a person of this attitude is qualified to be a US attorney, let alone a United States federal judge."
but AG? yea, fvck yea... get his wonderbread ass in there...
mawa...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
are these locks or do they have to go through an approval process? I'm looking at you jeff sessions, you racist fuckwit. Pretty sure the prez can appoint anyone he wants for senior counselor, so yay, bannon... an unapologetic racist/misogynistic asshole.

I believe anything outside of the Cabinet doesn't require confirmation... so Bannon is in unless Congress threatens to hold up other appointments over it (which I can't see them doing)

CIA Director also requires confirmation, as would the FBI Director should Comey resign or be fired.

Feb 16, 2005
no conflict of interest for Flynn either... jesus tapdancing christ... seriously, did Kimmel or Colbert come up with this list of appointees?

Flynn along with son Michael G. Flynn run Flynn Intel Group which provides intelligence services for business and governments.[27] Several sources, including the Politico have written that Flynn's consulting company is allegedly lobbying for Turkey. A company tied to Erdogan's government, which supports Muslim Brotherhood, is known to have hired Flynn's lobbying firm.[28][29][30][31][32][33] Flynn sat in on classified national security briefings with then-candidate Trump at the same time that Flynn was working for foreign clients, which raises ethical concerns and conflicts of interest.[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn#Consulting_firm

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So far, judging by the reactions of all the lefties the appointments have been spot on. :p

Preibus and Pompeo look excellent. Not sure yet about Bannon, but the president has to choose a senior advisor that he's comfortable with. Sessions and Flynn seem fine as well.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
He's not appointing liberals and the left is appalled...go figure. ROFL

Shocking, shocking I tell you! How dare he not appoint people the libs want. :mad: Especially after the way they embraced him after his election victory and vowed to work with him for the betterment of the country.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
He's not appointing liberals and the left is appalled...go figure. ROFL
it's not that they're not liberals, it's that some are a mix of unqualified, racist, and brimming with conflicts of interest.

no one is complaining about Preibus getting appointed as CoS... if Trump appointed, let's say, Mitt Romney as Treasury Secretary, my reaction would be "there's someone I deeply disagree with but is at least competent and I can rest assured knowing he'll do what he sees as best for the country."

I don't feel that way about someone like Bannon.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
it's not that they're not liberals, it's that some are a mix of unqualified, racist, and brimming with conflicts of interest.

The common theme seems to be that Trump prizes loyalty above all other considerations. I'm not sure that's going to serve him well long term.

Feb 16, 2005
I was under no illusions that drumpf would appoint any liberal, none whatsoever. And he didn't surprise me in any way with his current list of fucktards
mawa!

Nov 30, 2006
All these appointments within 10 days after the election...amazing considering that the transition team is in such disarray! ROFL at ham-fisted liberal MSM propaganda.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump's track record is that he expects results and he's not shy about replacing people who aren't getting the job done. This is going to be a very interesting administration.

The question I have is will public confidence in him erode if his administration becomes a revolving door of failed appointees.

Nov 30, 2006
The question I have is will public confidence in him erode if his administration becomes a revolving door of failed appointees.
I'm quite sure that the left and MSM will do everything they can to propagate such a perception. The butthurt is strong and I expect no less from them.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Trump's track record is that he expects results and he's not shy about replacing people who aren't getting the job done. This is going to be a very interesting administration.

Except, ya know, that's not how gov't works. Positions are not a revolving door based on the whims of the POTUS -- no matter how flaking and temperamental their Twitter account may be.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm quite sure that the left and MSM will do everything they can to propagate such a perception. The butthurt is strong and I expect no less from them.
As long as you feel comfortable in your world, that's all that really matters.

Nov 30, 2006
Except, ya know, that's not how gov't works. Positions are not a revolving door based on the whims of the POTUS -- no matter how flaking and temperamental their Twitter account may be.
Let's wait and see what happens before declaring that the sky is falling. Keep your head...it's not the end of the world.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed.