Trump : What we did. Cohen : 3 Years

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
It's there's no way to know if they had a change of heart because they wouldn't be charging now either way.

As it stands they aren't allowed to bring any charges against Trump until he's no longer president so the fact that they've closed the investigation without charging Trump personally doesn't mean anything. Second, the fact that they haven't charged any Trump officials doesn't necessarily mean anything either. I was reading something from a former federal prosecutor and what he said makes a lot of sense - if you're going to charge conspirators with a crime you charge them all at once because if you don't you give the other conspirators you might charge in the future a cheat sheet for exactly the case you're going to bring. If Trump does get charged with this, and the evidence seems to strongly indicate he will, it would not be surprising to see the Trump CFO and maybe Jr. charged as well.
Well, regardless, Hope Hicks has some explaining to do to the House Judiciary Cmte...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Pretty interesting overall though - SDNY pretty thoroughly documents a criminal conspiracy by Trump and his associates to affect the 2016 election.

I wonder if Republicans/conservatives are okay with criminal conspiracies.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Only if it paid off...

We are establishing an interesting legal precedent here where they should sbokay to commit felonies while running for president so long as you win because then you’re immunized from prosecution for them.

I mean honestly from a rational perspective every candidate should at least be considering what crimes might be advantageous to their campaigns.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We are establishing an interesting legal precedent here where they should sbokay to commit felonies while running for president so long as you win because then you’re immunized from prosecution for them.

I mean honestly from a rational perspective every candidate should at least be considering what crimes might be advantageous to their campaigns.
There is something strange and troubling about your use of the words 'honesty' and or 'rational' here but I am not sure what it is. But I still object.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Don't mind him, he just hates 'Murica
Well we can't have people going around saying things like Republicans are so dangerous to the nation they rationally need to be eliminated by any means possible. That is nothing more than the mirror image of how they see things, minus the insanity, right? Conundrum of the day. Is there a point at which insanity become so extreme it needs to be 'rationally dealt with? Who will judge.

Wow, a German poem I read long long ago studying German has come to mind:

Es sitzt ein Vogel auf dem Leim,
Er flattert sehr und kann nicht heim.
Ein schwarzer Kater schleicht herzu,
Die Krallen scharf, die Augen gluh.
Am Baum hinauf und immer höher
Kommt er dem armen Vogel näher.
Der Vogel denkt: Weil das so ist
Und weil mich doch der Kater frißt,
So will ich keine Zeit verlieren,
Will noch ein wenig quinquilieren
Und lustig pfeifen wie zuvor.
Der Vogel, scheint mir, hat Humor.

Google translation gives us this:

There is a bird sitting on the glue,
He flutters a lot and can not go home.
A black cat sneaks up,
The claws sharp, the eyes glow.
Up the tree and higher
He comes closer to the poor bird.
The bird thinks: Because that's the way it is
And because the cat eats me,
So I do not want to lose time,
Will quinquilize a little more
And whistle like before.
The bird, it seems to me, has humor.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well we can't have people going around saying things like Republicans are so dangerous to the nation they rationally need to be eliminated by any means possible. That is nothing more than the mirror image of how they see things, minus the insanity, right? Conundrum of the day. Is there a point at which insanity become so extreme it needs to be 'rationally dealt with? Who will judge.

Wow, a German poem I read long long ago studying German has come to mind:

Es sitzt ein Vogel auf dem Leim,
Er flattert sehr und kann nicht heim.
Ein schwarzer Kater schleicht herzu,
Die Krallen scharf, die Augen gluh.
Am Baum hinauf und immer höher
Kommt er dem armen Vogel näher.
Der Vogel denkt: Weil das so ist
Und weil mich doch der Kater frißt,
So will ich keine Zeit verlieren,
Will noch ein wenig quinquilieren
Und lustig pfeifen wie zuvor.
Der Vogel, scheint mir, hat Humor.

Google translation gives us this:

There is a bird sitting on the glue,
He flutters a lot and can not go home.
A black cat sneaks up,
The claws sharp, the eyes glow.
Up the tree and higher
He comes closer to the poor bird.
The bird thinks: Because that's the way it is
And because the cat eats me,
So I do not want to lose time,
Will quinquilize a little more
And whistle like before.
The bird, it seems to me, has humor.

Yea, his post doesn't say that or even infer it. The precedent being set is may the best criminal win. And you better win, because if you don't....then you're not immune from prosecution.

The logic ball bounces this way, as a rational potential candidate is considering what's going and planning accordingly.

I really dont know how youre reply applies to what I said. I said what said in obvious satire, I know you see that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yea, his post doesn't say that or even infer it. The precedent being set is may the best criminal win. And you better win, because if you don't....then you're not immune from prosecution.

The logic ball bounces this way, as a rational potential candidate is considering what's going and planning accordingly.

I really dont know how youre reply applies to what I said. I said what said in obvious satire, I know you see that.
I am deeply interested in the notion of rationality and its relation to the phenomenon of certainty. It seems to me that the ego demands not only that it stand for the truth, whatever that is, and also that that stand be the rational thing to do. In this way we see that behind much of what we assume, is an emotional need to have that assumption stay unexamined. I call that being asleep. The bird was stuck to the branch but was emotionally free, and the poet saw what he identified as humor. I'm a fan of the catharsis that humor brings.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I am deeply interested in the notion of rationality and its relation to the phenomenon of certainty. It seems to me that the ego demands not only that it stand for the truth, whatever that is, and also that that stand be the rational thing to do. In this way we see that behind much of what we assume, is an emotional need to have that assumption stay unexamined. I call that being asleep. The bird was stuck to the branch but was emotionally free, and the poet saw what he identified as humor. I'm a fan of the catharsis that humor brings.

Ok, do you feel like it's irrational to observe the last few years specifically, and draw the conclusion that criminal behavior to gain an election advantage is ok as long as youre winner?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

If you listen to Fox, Clinton and the Derp State were the criminals in the 2016 election.