Trump wants Russia to make the G8

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It would make more sense to include India or Brazil before re-including Russia. Their economies are larger and they are far more committed to the international economic order than Russia is.

Thus continues Trump's bizarre affinity for Russia. (pee tape)

I don't see why the tape would bother him except in a divorce suit. He can shoot people after all.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't see why the tape would bother him except in a divorce suit. He can shoot people after all.

I would imagine that is only one small part of it. I suspect Russia has information implicating him in a wide array of criminal activity, primarily money laundering. The pee tape is just the humiliating icing on the cake.

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe if Russia leaves Crimea. That is, after all, why they were tossed out.

Again, I must say, screw those of you who thrust this heaping pile of shit on the world.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Maybe if Russia leaves Crimea. That is, after all, why they were tossed out.

Again, I must say, screw those of you who thrust this heaping pile of shit on the world.

If they shoot down some more passenger planes Trump would probably invite Putin to Mar-A-Lago.

Reactions: Ajay and Thebobo

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
"Just another liberal circle jerk thread," says person who won't acknowledge that Trump's words on this matter are indefensible.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Could be other blackmail with fraud.

There is a theory emerging that Russia's hold on Trump has nothing to do with "pee tapes" and everything to do with money, extortion and settling debts. Look at the failed Trump development projects in Moscow, Georgia and Azerbaijan. Were they intended to fail? Trump Org has been "fleecing" former Soviet investors over the past 4-5 years...and I'd bet a lot of that money could be tied to the Russian mob or Putin-aligned oligarchs. I put "fleecing" in quotes because it might be convenient for some oligarchs to "lose" money in failed development projects that help launder the books. Also a good way to self-deal and defraud banks.

The Kremlin could easily threaten Trump's kids if it were to expose this fraud in a sham investigation, which might lead to jail time for Eric, Ivanka, Don Jr if they get caught up.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Tough on Russia MY ASS!

the absolute toughest! Imagine, if Hillary were elected we'd probably have the white house tore down and rebuilt as a 1:1 scale of the Kremlin.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Dunno. The pee tape allegation really bugs him. He brought it up to Comey specifically and wanted him to specifically investigate and disprove it.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If anyone hasn't visited www.themoscowproject.org I would highly encourage it, whether you agree there was collusion or not. It traces the timeline of Trump-Russia connections (even those small and insignificant) over decades.

Here's some more about the development deals I referenced--I forgot about Kazakhstan or the other projects Trump was interested in. I assume he had to have Trump Org cancel or divest these projects before taking office.

--
  • In 2012, The Trump Organization signed contracts to begin the development of a luxury apartment building in Azerbaijan. This licensing agreement involves wealthy Azerbaijani oligarchs with ties to both the Azerbaijani government and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. The deal was formally canceled in December 2016.
  • In late 2010, the Trump Organization signed a letter of intent to license the Trump name for a development in Georgia, to be developed by the Silk Road Group. In March 2011, Trump Tower Batumi in Georgia was officially announced. This project represented a licensing deal between Trump and the Silk Road Group, which was at least partially funded by Kazakhstan’s B.T.A. Bank, whose former chairman Mukhtar Ablyazov was under investigation for “allegedly siphoning” billions of dollars out of Kazakhstan. Mikhail Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, traveled to Trump Tower in Manhattan to announce this project. In 2012, Trump visited Georgia and toured Tbilisi and Batumi with President Saakashvili, holding groundbreaking ceremony for Trump Tower Batumi. In November 2016, mere days after the election, a spokesman announced that the long-stalled project would soon be moving forward; however, in January 2017, Trump formally ended the project.
  • In 2011, Silk Road executive Giorgi Rtskhiladze and Michael Cohen, Trump’s personal lawyer, began “promoting the idea of a Trump Tower in Astana,” Kazakhstan Cohen and Rtskhiladze visited Astana to meet with the Kazakh Prime Minister. In 2012, the Trump Organization reportedly signed a letter of intent, ultimately not executed, to license Trump name to the Trump Diamond tower near Akoda, Nursultan Nazarbayev’s presidential palace in Astana, Kazakhstan (Nazarbayev has ruled Kazakhstan since 1989). The Trump Organization reportedlynegotiated with then-Kazakh Prime Minister Karim Massimov over this tower; the design was done by John Fotiadis, who has worked with the Silk Road Group, Rinat Akhmetov’s System Capital Management, AS Group Investment, and Kyiv Gaz. The project never got off the ground, but Trump remained interested in the region; in 2012, he sought to trademark his brand for use in hotels and real estate in Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan
See that note about the architect? Apparently, his firm handled all these projects. Something that Maddow picked up on this week:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/tr...-drops-completely-sight-hours-reporters-call/
--
An architect who helped arrange President Donald Trump’s business deals in eastern Europe abruptly shut down his firm within hours of being contacted by a reporter, deleted his portfolio and Twitter account — and has gone missing.

Architect John Fotiadis designed some of Trump’s luxury developments in former Soviet lands, some of which have fallen under scrutiny by special counsel Robert Mueller, but the former Trump associate suddenly disappeared after he was contacted by CNBC reporter Christina Wilkie.

Jan 25, 2011
“President Trump has made it very clear that he expects the Russian government to de-escalate violence in the Ukraine and return Crimea,” Spicer said at a daily news briefing. “At the same time, he fully expects to and wants to get along with Russia.”

And apparently you do that by removing all punishments placed on Russia for annexing Crimea in the first place. Sound plan...

Reactions: Aegeon

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Also, one important note about these "projects" in former Soviet Republics--Trump always got paid first. The Trump Org was only in it to get a licensing agreement...the agreement to use Trump's name on the building. That's it. Note that in other Trump hotels around the globe, Trump Org would sometimes be involved in management and operations of the hotel. That wasn't happening here.

So when these projects were cancelled--did Trump have to pay anyone back? Where exactly did the banks' and investors' money go?

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
It would make more sense to include India or Brazil before re-including Russia. Their economies are larger and they are far more committed to the international economic order than Russia is.

Thus continues Trump's bizarre affinity for Russia. (pee tape)

Exactly. Russia isn't a democracy or an advanced economy. It doesn't belong in the G7.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Master negotiator gives opponent what they desire the most in exchange for nothing. As brilliant as we've come to expect from the moron.