Trump wants Russia back into the G7

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Who gets to make the actual decision (I’m assuming the G7 countries take a formal vote on who’s admitted?)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Who gets to make the actual decision (I’m assuming the G7 countries take a formal vote on who’s admitted?)

Each member of the G7 hosts the yearly meeting in turn. The hosting member has complete control over the agenda. Once the US has a turn then Trump can tell our representative to bring up Russia but I'm not sure if he has the legal authority to mandate this. Certainly, no other party needs to even mention Russia at all.

Assuming that at some point Russia is on the agenda for being included once again there will be a vote. I think "no" will be the answer

Trump wanted the next to be held at one of his properties (mar a largo)? No, it's in France. 2020 is in Scotland.

So the first opportunity for the US will be after the 2020 election and hopefully, Il Douche will be an unpleasant reminder that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump may as well include China and North Korea along with Russia in his offer seeing as if he's such good friends with Jinping and his love letter writer Jong-un.

Or maybe he just wants to piss people off by saying such things.

Whatever his motives are, it sure isn't about keeping America and her allies secure from her enemies and more about Trump and his crippling personality disorders.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
For someone with no ties or obligations to Russia he sure does want to do a lot of things Russia likes.