Trump Trashes U.S. to defend Putin - O'Reilly SB Interview

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I also said 10 years ago, Obama wasn't President then
Its a rediculous comparison. You're comparing the opinion of everyone on the left and picking the opinion you want with one person on the right.
Its like me finding a few neonazis and saying thats the voice of "The Right".

Reactions: Bitek

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Not claiming to be anything, just stating an opinion that more than few on the left on this forum would have cheered on Trump's statement of the US having blood on their hands.

Absolute hilarious when the KellyAnne wannabes try to argue that was his point. Yeah I'm sure Trump is a big fan of Chomsky, if he's even heard of him.

Reactions: MajinCry

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I also said 10 years ago, Obama wasn't President then

This is an incredibly confused analogy, as @WelshBloke wrote.

It is great of you to remind us all who badly the two most recent GOP presidents are screwing up when the guy who lied us into war and tortured people looks like the reasonable statesmen.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Trump suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. We've all known this for a long time. How is this news anymore? He was elected specifically because he has a big mouth where he speaks without thinking. People wanted that because that is exactly opposite of what most politicians do. People were fed up with politicians and wanted ANYTHING that wasn't a politician this time as a pres. That's what we got. A loud mouth president.

News stories like this about Trump don't faze me. Actions speak louder than words, and mostly all Trump has done so far is pay a bunch of lip service and scare a bunch of people about a Muslim ban that isn't a ban. He riles up one side of the population just to get a rise out of them. He's a troll and people rise to his bait every time.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Trump suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. We've all known this for a long time. How is this news anymore? He was elected specifically because he has a big mouth where he speaks without thinking. People wanted that because that is exactly opposite of what most politicians do. People were fed up with politicians and wanted ANYTHING that wasn't a politician this time as a pres. That's what we got. A loud mouth president.

News stories like this about Trump don't faze me. Actions speak louder than words, and mostly all Trump has done so far is pay a bunch of lip service and scare a bunch of people about a Muslim ban that isn't a ban. He riles up one side of the population just to get a rise out of them. He's a troll and people rise to his bait every time.

Words have consequences, especially when uttered by the President of the United States. People may take action based on his words.

Getting tired of all the excuses for his deplorable behavior.

More to the point, the real question isn't even what he said but why he said it. Why does Trump constantly defend Putin even to the point of making such a ridiculous assertion? He's always defended Putin, without exception. "Diarrhea of the mouth" does not explain this because there's a pattern to it. Trying to explain his consistent defense of a hostile dictator as something akin to Tourette's syndrome does a disservice to a nation who has a right to know where his ideas about foreign policy are coming from.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
I'm gonna have to disagree with Reagan there.

On the subject of Chomsky, I actually found the guy a few days ago. This is ought to be watched.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

Pizzagate says he should consider watching his goddamn mouth.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Words have consequences, especially when uttered by the President of the United States. People may take action based on his words.

Getting tired of all the excuses for his deplorable behavior.

More to the point, the real question isn't even what he said but why he said it. Why does Trump constantly defend Putin even to the point of making such a ridiculous assertion? He's always defended Putin, without exception. "Diarrhea of the mouth" does not explain this because there's a pattern to it. Trying to explain his consistent defense of a hostile dictator as something akin to Tourette's syndrome does a disservice to a nation who has a right to know where his ideas about foreign policy are coming from.

It's really quite simple, Trump will always reciprocate compliments and Putin said good things about him. But if you play back some embarrassing thing he said verbatim, you're the fake news. The pattern doesn't get more clear than that.

Evidently not angry enough to dare vote against his own: http://www.12news.com/news/politics...mccain-vote-in-favor-of-betsy-devos/402470477