Trump to regulate Facebook, Twitter etc.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I know, old EO, but now its happening cause of that net neutrality guy, remember Ajit Pai?
Well, how about them apples... we all know what its about, twitter censoring his most crazy and dangerous shit and stopping Russian meddling... Here comes :

4 more years and social media will be an extended arm of Rupert Murdochs State TV operation. Fox Book.
I think you are well and duly fucked.

Reactions: hal2kilo

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
Anonymous sources said Trump said Americans who died in the military are suckers and losers?
Twitter/Facebook: Spread the news!!

Negative article on the Bidens with email leaks?
Twitter/Facebook: Must censor as “misinformation”!!

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Assignment : Why are those two not the same thing?
this is for baydude
Ekavl-EW0AEDm-1

• Haha
Reactions: skyking and cytg111

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I know, old EO, but now its happening cause of that net neutrality guy, remember Ajit Pai?
Well, how about them apples... we all know what its about, twitter censoring his most crazy and dangerous shit and stopping Russian meddling... Here comes :

4 more years and social media will be an extended arm of Rupert Murdochs State TV operation. Fox Book.

The crazy is just getting bigger..

I bet he's still waiting for the breaking news from The Onion.

1602850767621.png

Feb 4, 2009
I for one cannot wait for the next Democrat President to use this potential new power.
Sadly they’d be too shy to use it....

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
whens conservative twitter being announced? call it cwitter, or just go to church, cuz theyre totally not politically motivated, uh huh, yea

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I for one cannot wait for the next Democrat President to use this potential new power.
Sadly they’d be too shy to use it....
Biden could just deport the whole gang to the bottom of the ocean and pardon him self every 10 secs for the next 30 years of his presidency.
Why not?

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Conspiracy theories abound, twits know best what the people should hear.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
If I understand this correctly, private companies that choose to filter out questionable content based on historical patterns and events where said content is proven based on analysis to be nefarious or pose danger to society - "censorship"

I'm guessing the white house is so used to browsing 4chan that they have a different expectations

Last edited:

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012

Yeah well, this is no surprise & it's not like no one saw it coming despite it all conflicting with freedom of speech and or right to free press. The danger of stretching even freedom of speech too far was now everything will be considered within the confines of hate speech to the GOP because America is a haven for people who don't know the meaning of the actual word moderation now, the real meaning of the word. "
the avoidance of excess or extremes, especially in one's behavior or political opinions."
- That does not sound like the GOP to me.

Good luck trying to regulate the Internet & attempting to flesh out the precursor to the Handmaid's Tale in real life, I'm sure that'll work out just great in a nation with a 2nd Amendment & people that misinterpret it all the time. I hate these platitudes. What made our nation great in theory was live and let live; what made it terrible in reality was the opposite. You need simply not be white to get that. EDIT: If you aren't white, there's a good chance you've understood that firsthand otherwise the chance seems less so and reliant upon one's ego or lack thereof. Does that make America bad? Nope. Just in denial and very forgetful at times.

Ajit Pai is a class traitor. The man makes my stomach turn. I was working in a NOC for a major telecom at the time when he transitioned and no one liked it. We understood it sure but even our business leaders knew it would lead to more problems than economic profits as we explained the cluster***** of issues it would cause and no one needs unnecessary controversy unless of course, you're a con man. A con man from Queens ... the rest is history.

EDIT: I think there's a chance some of this will be reversed. Trump & his administration have caused much humiliation and grief throughout the last 4 years in the private and public sectors. There's been a lot of avoidable damage to various companies and individuals. Former friends of the President as well as cabinet members and while I believe for the sake of saving face they've stayed quiet far as denouncing him they harbor resentment. The stock market fell the lowest since the great depression.

With the release of Bob Woodward's information, it just confirms worst fears. Eroding on the possibility many may have considered that COVID caused all of this - not when there's now proof that a special few investors were told, no one else was - nor nothing else done. That is bad optics. Politics aside, that isn't good optics, it's just plain idiocracy. It's almost like giving away information to certain traders at an advantage. Wait - I guess it is that. Hmmph.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
It called Parler, and nobody goes there.
Interesting :D

Parler, "Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationals."

:rolleyes::oops:

Sometimes Siri says things that embarrass me in public. I'll write Tim Cook & let him know there's a glitch; the last part's supposed to say Israelis ;)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sounds directly compatible with a small government, free market, and First Amendment-based platform.

View attachment 31825
Fuck me, I was hoping it was a fake tweet when I saw a screenshot of it.

Edit: It's been up nine hours and nobody has had the sense to delete it?!? Huh. Then again, I suppose most of his supporters also don't realize it's literally fake news.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Sounds directly compatible with a small government, free market, and First Amendment-based platform.

Fuck me, I was hoping it was a fake tweet when I saw a screenshot of it.

Edit: It's been up nine hours and nobody has had the sense to delete it?!? Huh. Then again, I suppose most of his supporters also don't realize it's literally fake news.

It's not a screenshot, that's an active link.

Reactions: dawp and ksosx86

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

View attachment 31825

As of right now, Trumps tweet is still up.
That means a couple of things.
1. His people have informed him by now, that he is referencing satire.
2. They are keeping it up anyway.
3. That tells you something about their target audience.
"Sell this bridge? Sure thing... these morons will buy anything."

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I read a good bit, 90%+ fiction, Sci-fi, dystopian, alternate realities, etc., where things have gone really really off the rails. Books like 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Kurt Vonnegut stuff, etc.. I can't say I recall one where one leader has been so totally bug fuck crazy as Trump.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I read a good bit, 90%+ fiction, Sci-fi, dystopian, alternate realities, etc., where things have gone really really off the rails. Books like 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Kurt Vonnegut stuff, etc.. I can't say I recall one where one leader has been so totally bug fuck crazy as Trump.

Can it get any worse?

1602888814388.png