Trump threatens to COMPLETELY shut down the bo(a)rder.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
So we'll ignore 51ft ladders next to the 50ft wall.

Ladders, who needs stinkin ladders.

caravan-on-fence-wall.jpeg

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
I know several people that voted for Trump and now regret it. But then they say "but who else was I going to vote for?" Pretty much underlining that if they had to do it again, they'd do it again given the choices they had. That's incredibly sad. I get why people didn't/don't like Hillary - some reasons are legitimate, others are incredibly stupid. But to still think she'd be WORSE than Trump is simply saddening.
On the same side of that coin are those that voted third party. IF we had known then what we know now, I believe a fair amount of them would have voted for the hildabeast. Those that still think that she would have been worse than Trump are a lost cause.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
On the same side of that coin are those that voted third party. IF we had known then what we know now, I believe a fair amount of them would have voted for the hildabeast. Those that still think that she would have been worse than Trump are a lost cause.

I wonder how often America keeps needing to relearn this lesson. Had third party voters who went for Nader in 2000 voted for Gore he almost certainly would have won. Imagine all the misery we would have avoided there. Same thing in 2016.

It boggles the mind to think of how much better off the US would be if we were spared GWB and Trump.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Trump’s Playbook:

1. Do the shittiest thing possible as long as it strokes your ego or lines your pocket.

2. Deny any negative outcomes.

3. When negative repercussions are no longer deniable...blame Democrats.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I
Trump’s Playbook:

1. Do the shittiest thing possible as long as it strokes your ego or lines your pocket.

2. Deny any negative outcomes.

3. When negative repercussions are no longer deniable...blame Democrats.

I really wish that Mueller had the authority to force a paternity test on Iwanker's last kid.. Imagine the fallout, if Donny turned out to be the grandfather AND the father!

That would most certainly be one thing that he had no way of blaming on the Democrats

Mar 11, 2004
I

I really wish that Mueller had the authority to force a paternity test on Iwanker's last kid.. Imagine the fallout, if Donny turned out to be the grandfather AND the father!

That would most certainly be one thing that he had no way of blaming on the Democrats

Oh, I guarantee you they would. At first they'd claim that paternity tests are liberal biased or some shit (not joking, they kinda already do this, I've seen more than a few conservatives that don't believe in genetics and things like that - and that it is some conspiracy to control people by liberals or something?). Then he'd claim that they stole his semen (this is another fear from crazy assholes - its actually a very common alien abduction thing, and I think it plays in with right wingers obsessions over baby-making and fetuses). So he could easily spin this into crazy conspiracy shit that his base is already primed for.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
This is directed at conservatives concerning preventing murders in the U.S. You support the wall to help stop murders by migrants. But that requires border patrols to react to any breach attempts or breaches. So why don't you propose a dramatic increase in patrols of dangerous neighborhoods in the U.S. to help stop the murders there? Most murders here are by U.S. citizens. Btw I'm not addressing sanctuary cities, just the wall atm from the title.

A quick example so both sides know what I'm trying to say. Dramatically increase patrols by the authorities in dangerous parts of Chicago to help prevent murders on the streets there. It probably won't help much to stop murders inside homes when the victim knows the killer. And I know in most murder cases they know each other. But stranger on stranger murders are still a big problem.

So I just proposed an idea that progressives don't want and conservatives probably think is extreme as well because of the huge increase in personnel it would need to deter street murderers. But can anyone look at my idea for the principle of the matter? Meaning you're not being consistent if you support the wall and don't support a hugely increased physical presence in some U.S. crime ridden areas.

I'm not talking about anti violence awareness programs, anti alcohol programs or any of those social programs atm even though they may help. Just the increased patrols for now. Is this just a dumb premise on my part or does it have any merit?

Oh yeah and one more thing, don't try to say the wall (or fence) is not comparable to a dramatic increase in patrols of American cities. If you do then I'll just say then why not build some longer and higher walls around bad areas of town to protect the better people in nicer neighborhoods. And the various gates in those walls could be manned with agents to check id for people coming and going. So there would be your wall to wall comparison although both are repugnant.

Reactions: greatnoob

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wow, that is puzzler. Weird twisted old man yells at history or what?

Indeed... But who is he quoting? It sure as bleep is not his own words... Well it might be his words cause they are retarded. I am sure Putin told him in a more eloquent fashion - in english too.

Feb 4, 2009
Indeed... But who is he quoting? It sure as bleep is not his own words... Well it might be his words cause they are retarded. I am sure Putin told him in a more eloquent fashion - in english too.

No just watch Fox & Friends or Sean Hannity shows that happened 12 hours before the tweet

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You just need to defer to Obamas debate with Romney on the nature of US military.. Wanting a wall is akin to wanting more horses and bayonets in the army..

the real question is at the bottom of this article....

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...-invasion-of-afghanistan-for-some-reason.html

We joke about it all the time.... But really? Who is he talking to?

It's just a small way for Donnie to affirm his devotion to Vlad. Donnie got owned, permanently, some while back-

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/11/30/high-five-putin-saudi-crown-prince-mbs-sot-vpx.cnn

Must be quite the feeling to have Trump's balls in the palm of your hand...

Reactions: cytg111

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017

I don't understand these fools at all. Trump is exactly the same now as he was as a candidate. I'll even give him a form of credit for it. Most candidates conform to "normal politician" once the speeches are done. Trump said horrendous shit as a candidate, and Lo! He continues to say horrendous shit, and has attempted to do the things he said he would.

Not to mention, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the average age of the left-leaning judges on the supreme court meant that Trump winning might be afflicting us for decades. Look how young frat boy is.

Reactions: dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't understand these fools at all. Trump is exactly the same now as he was as a candidate. I'll even give him a form of credit for it. Most candidates conform to "normal politician" once the speeches are done. Trump said horrendous shit as a candidate, and Lo! He continues to say horrendous shit, and has attempted to do the things he said he would.

Not to mention, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the average age of the left-leaning judges on the supreme court meant that Trump winning might be afflicting us for decades. Look how young frat boy is.

I hear 'he has attempted to do the things he said he would' quite a lot and I think that's really, really wrong. Basically it can be broken down into two areas:

1) xenophobic things - tariffs, persecution of racial minorities, attempts to limit immigration, the Muslim ban, THE WALL. He's pretty much kept his promises on this.
2) EVERYTHING ELSE -
'cover everyone with better health care'? Instead he tried to take health care away from tens of millions.
raise taxes on the rich? Instead he gave the rich $1.5 trillion while raising taxes on middle class people long term.
break up the big banks? Instead he neutered the CFPB so that financial institutions could screw their customers.
drain the swamp? He filled every available position with lobbyists.
price controls on prescription drugs? lol.

So no, he has not tried to do the things he said he would. He kept his promise to hate on foreigners but he broke basically every promise he made to help regular people. The fact that he isn't called out for breaking almost every significant campaign promise he made is mind-boggling.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
No just watch Fox & Friends or Sean Hannity shows that happened 12 hours before the tweet

I doubt greatly Fox & Friends and/or Hannity were the source-as bad as Faux News is, they do have some semblance of journalistic standards.

To me this total recasting of how the USSR got entangled in Afghanistan smacks of something from some bizarro fringe group website.

Is anyone in that daycare facility monitoring what websites His Donaldship is allowed to surf? It's truly scary that the single most powerful person in the world apparently believes this crap. If there is a God I sincerely hope he/she protects this country and this world from this bozo. What we need is an old Testament type god to smite him down.

Reactions: dank69
Mar 11, 2004
I doubt greatly Fox & Friends and/or Hannity were the source-as bad as Faux News is, they do have some semblance of journalistic standards.

To me this total recasting of how the USSR got entangled in Afghanistan smacks of something from some bizarro fringe group website.

Is anyone in that daycare facility monitoring what websites His Donaldship is allowed to surf? It's truly scary that the single most powerful person in the world apparently believes this crap. If there is a God I sincerely hope he/she protects this country and this world from this bozo. What we need is an old Testament type god to smite him down.

He doesn't read, so at best it was a meme or maybe an article title. More likely though this is shit that Bannon or whomever Turmp is turning to now, fed him.

Mar 11, 2004

Eh, I think you're pretty wrong on the first part. I don't know of any President in recent history that changed much from how they ran versus how they were as President. I'd maybe even go further and put that on major politicians (Congress, state governors). I also disagree that Turmp has been the same as sitting President versus when he was just campaigning. Yes he's said fucked up stupid things the entire time, but there's a noticeable change, he's become less coherent and now just spouts shit that no one even knows where he's getting the info for the basis of it so he seems to be making more and more shit up). FYI I think empirical study has shown that candidates actually do enact their campaign promises to a pretty substantial degree (they're given leeway because there's other factors at play that determine how much they can achieve, and people are fucking morons to expect any politician to ever be able to 100% accomplish what they say; the key being, they consistently work to achieve it - if I remember right it was something around like 2/3-70% average, its yet another one of those stupid bullshit things that people think as well as have stupid expectations not based in reality).

The real disparity is in the people that said that people were making shit up as far as how horrible Turmp would be. There's so many "former" Turmp supporters that tried to whine that "the media didn't warn us!" when the media did a great job of letting people know who Turmp was and how he'd be as President. And those people now trying to say the media didn't tell us, were people that said the media was just trashing Turmp and it was so unfair and a bunch of other bullshit for why they chose to ignore the extensive amount of logically sound explanations for why he'd a fucking terrible President.

You definitely hit on the head though. Fools, that wanted to get fooled, and now are mad that they got fooled. But for many of them, the ends justifies the means so they don't give a shit, but now they're trying to weasel out of taking responsibility for their carelessness. Frankly, this is on the fucking idiots that voted Turmp in more than Turmp. He's just being exactly who anyone being objective knew he'd be. But we have so many Americans who openly refuse to be objective, and then those idiots wonder why they keep getting fucked over.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Let him shut it down. This country has to completely go to hell before the idiots that voted for this guy realize what they have done.

No it wont.
they'll find some way to blame Hillary and the Democrats for everything. Just like they've been doing for the last 30 years.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So no, he has not tried to do the things he said he would. He kept his promise to hate on foreigners but he broke basically every promise he made to help regular people. The fact that he isn't called out for breaking almost every significant campaign promise he made is mind-boggling.

Hatin' on the furriners & owning the Libs is pretty much what the most deeply committed alt-right Trumpsters live for. If you don't like it, whatever it is, then Fuck You. It's their universal answer.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You just need to defer to Obamas debate with Romney on the nature of US military.. Wanting a wall is akin to wanting more horses and bayonets in the army..

the real question is at the bottom of this article....

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...-invasion-of-afghanistan-for-some-reason.html

We joke about it all the time.... But really? Who is he talking to?

Damn this is getting picked up ... watch this

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...specific-russian-talking-points-1419581507654
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...-on-soviet-afghanistan-invasion-1419575875862

have a look....

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Don't know if this was mentioned already but terrorists can slip through into the U.S. from Canada, right? So I'm wondering if the conservatives' argument may be a little fishy in regards to a completed southern wall countering terrorists.

Even with a full southern wall the terrorists can concentrate on getting more Canadian visas and then illegally crossing south without a US visa or valid id. Imo anyway.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Don't know if this was mentioned already but terrorists can slip through into the U.S. from Canada, right? So I'm wondering if the conservatives' argument may be a little fishy in regards to a completed southern wall countering terrorists.

Even with a full southern wall the terrorists can concentrate on getting more Canadian visas and then illegally crossing south without a US visa or valid id. Imo anyway.
Most of our terrorists have been home grown so the whole argument is without merit.

Reactions: feralkid