Trump says re-elect me or the stock market will crash worse then the Great Depression and the economic meltdown of 2007

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Stock market had been dramatically underperforming as of late due to the The Dotard and his failed policies and trade wars.

Removing him and restoring sanity will be a big boost to markets, farmers, manufacturers and other exporters.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I don’t think he’s gaslighting here. I think this should be interpreted as a threat. Between Mnuchin, Mulvaney, Ross and all his quislings on Wall Street and at Fox Business, Trump probably could do enough to trigger a sell-off and tank the market after an election defeat. Traitors gotta traitor.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I look forward to the stock market crash before he leaves office.

And you know it's coming because of the deficit due to the tax cuts for the rich. The treasury is having to print too much money, there's an overabundance of dollars and that leads to inflation.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If he loses I'm really looking forward to four years of rage tweets any time the stock market drops 1% about how it never would have happened if he were still president.

Interesting.

I didn't know that prisoners had access to cell phones?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
How is this any different than the left who said if you elect Trump the market will crash?

Meh. Its politics. Nothing more.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Can you spell g-a-s-l-i-g-h-t?? This question is for the people who still believe anything Trump says, "are you insane"?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...pic-stock-market-crash-if-he-s-not-re-elected

Pretty sure Trump put the next recession in motion by signing the tax cut bill that was put in front of him by Sen. McConnel and Co.

So yeah he's an unaware stooge who will be surprised by the cause of the next recession that is... if he can un-head-ass himself enough to see why it happens

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Pretty sure Trump put the next recession in motion by signing the tax cut bill that was put in front of him by Sen. McConnel and Co.

So yeah he's an unaware stooge who will be surprised by the cause of the next recession that is... if he can un-head-ass himself enough to see why it happens

what they do is get it in motion and then let it tank for the dem and then blame the dem. Rinse and repeat.

The ownership class likes recessions. Everything is cheap.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
what they do is get it in motion and then let it tank for the dem and then blame the dem. Rinse and repeat.

The ownership class likes recessions. Everything is cheap.

Sen. McConnell is conscious of this as I am sure Mitt Romney is but I somehow think Trump needed / would need this run by him a few times to grasp the idea.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
How is this any different than the left who said if you elect Trump the market will crash?

Meh. Its politics. Nothing more.

First, as was asked earlier, provide evidence. People have made hyperbolic statements about what would happen under Trump, but an economic crash specifically? Gotta prove it, especially since the Trump camp thrives on dishonesty.

More importantly, the President is not supposed to engage in childish threats to get people to vote for him. He's supposed to be... you know, a rational, intelligent adult. I can't recall another president from the past several decades who threw a "vote for me or the economy collapses" temper tantrum. Then again, other presidents weren't facing a high likelihood of prison time the moment they left office.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Of course. Investor class tax cuts put more money in the financial markets. When money is plentiful, it's cheap. Investors have to take greater risk to get decent returns. The people selling the risk will downplay it, of course, because they can. It's how we got junk mortgage bonds (AKA toxic assets) in the housing bubble & how we have junk corporate bonds today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...2c830afe24f_story.html?utm_term=.3e9dc89801b9

Reactions: DarthKyrie

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
who on the left said the market will crash?

President Trump's policies would cause "Armageddon" for family finances, the American economy and the stock market. ~Nancy Pelosi

"I have no stocks. I advise people not to invest in the stock market, not now. Way too dangerous." Film maker Michael Moore, August, 2017.

"It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover? A first-pass answer is never… So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight." Paul Krugman

(GOP oddball)"Trump's domestic policies would lead to recession." Former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney

"Under Trump, I would expect a protracted recession to begin within 18 months. The damage would be felt far beyond the United States." Former Clinton and Obama chief economist Larry Summers

"Citigroup: A Trump Victory in November Could Cause a Global Recession", Bloomberg Financial News headline, August 2016.

"... the likely event happens and Trump wins you will see a market crash of historic proportions, I think…The markets are terrified of him." Steve Rattner, MSNBC economics guru and former Obama Car Czar, October, 2016

You can find more, as I did, by a Google search.