Trump says he turned down Time's 'Person of the Year

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
What a stooge. He's a lying toad as well.
So, what else is new.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-turned-down-times-person-005953359.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42121402

trump tweeted: "Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named 'Man (Person) of the Year,' like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot.

"I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!"

Time responded on its own Twitter account: "The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6."

How can anyone lie about something that can be proven so easily. :rolleyes:

This former editor says:
"Former Time editor Richard Stengel went further, retweeting Trump's tweet with the comment: "Hate to tell you but that PROBABLY means you're NOT Person of the Year.

"They just wanted a photo shoot. But I'm sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage."" :p

Last edited:
Reactions: paj

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What a fucking psychopath. Hope you idiots who voted for this nut job are proud of yourselves.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
What a fucking psychopath. Hope you idiots who voted for this nut job are proud of yourselves.

You can be a kindergartener and call him all the names you want. Still doesn't change the fact the Dems lost over a 1,000 seats, lost the Presidency and can't raise campaign funds for shit.

What do we have thus far to show for it?

17 year low on unemployment.

3% GDP gain.

Lower food stamp recipients.

Illegal immigration down at unprecedented numbers.

Stock market hitting high after high making people's retirement look pretty damn good.

Am I proud of myself for voting for him? You bet your circle jerk ass I am!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
And BTW- There has to be more to this story than Yahoo and the flipping BBC. There always is when the left controls the majority of the media. Which is FACT!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Can't Time sue him for damages for the fake Time mag cover Trump puts up?

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Given the Psychology of the Trumps, initially he made it up, almost immediately he came to believe it. He gets people talking about him, makes it look like he was the real Person of the Year regardless of who gets picked, and gets to boast about how modest he is. It's the perfect Trump trifecta. I generally assume that whenever Trump says he "got a call" from someone that he was just yelling into a handset that isn't plugged in while the voice in his head responds "Yes, Mr. Trump, you are very smart and rich and are the manly mans "Man of the Year".

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
You can be a kindergartener and call him all the names you want. Still doesn't change the fact the Dems lost over a 1,000 seats, lost the Presidency and can't raise campaign funds for shit.

3% GDP gain.

Stock market hitting high after high making people's retirement look pretty damn good.

In your mind and fellow Trump worshipers the eight years Obama spent fixing the economy after the GWB trainwreck means absolutely nothing, Trump gets to claim full credit because he took office when the recovery really began to take hold. Imagine how much quicker it would have been if the GOP controlled House and Congress didn't fight Obama's efforts every step of the way.

Unfortunately the next Democratic President also won't be given any credit for cleaning up Trump's multiple messes and the crash he causes with his sugar high caused by the federal funds giveaway (aka "tax reform"). The next President is going to have an even tougher job. Hopefully for the continued existence of the country he/she can do so.

BTW my stock portfolio increases aren't going to counterbalance Trump's planned cuts to Medicare and probable cuts to SS down the road.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
We didn't really need to know this. Only because we already have enough material and ammunition against him to last a lifetime. But it is fun to see when people attempt to defend him over and over.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Just another Trump attack on the media. Notice the Time tweet doesn't completely contradict the Trump tweet.. I'm sure Its their response whenever anyone makes such a claim. If they say anything more, they know they will be drawn into another one of Trump's toddler slapfights. : "The FAKE NEWS Time magazine wanted me to be Person of the Year. I said no! Losing subscriptions and ratings bigly.

His antics are getting boring and predictable.

Feb 16, 2005

3% GDP gain.

Thanks Obama!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Just another Trump attack on the media. Notice the Time tweet doesn't completely contradict the Trump tweet.. I'm sure Its their response whenever anyone makes such a claim. If they say anything more, they know they will be drawn into another one of Trump's toddler slapfights. : "The FAKE NEWS Time magazine wanted me to be Person of the Year. I said no! Losing subscriptions and ratings bigly.

His antics are getting boring and predictable.

My understanding of the process is that a somewhat long list of people are considered, interviewed, and photographed. There is no guarantee whatsoever that said person will be selected. The editors could, and often do as I understand it, pick someone completely different. 100% nobody told him he'd "probably" be person of the year. More invented phone call details from a person that is incapable of ever telling it straight.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

3% GDP gain.

Mic drop.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember when someone said about Trump something to the effect of ‘he would lie about the weather just to keep in practice’. It’s truly amazing that there’s nothing he won’t lie about. What’s even more amazing is that there is a subset of Americans like John Connor and Slowspyder who don’t care about being lied to.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I remember when someone said about Trump something to the effect of ‘he would lie about the weather just to keep in practice’. It’s truly amazing that there’s nothing he won’t lie about. What’s even more amazing is that there is a subset of Americans like John Connor and Slowspyder who don’t care about being lied to.

What was our other option?